Thursday, August 9, 2012

Why I will never shop at Tory Burch ever (!) again: UPDATE

Remember my whole Tory Burch flip flop saga?

If not, you may read about it here.
What my pretty flip flops looked like :(
Well, I mailed back my broken flip flops to the Tory Burch repairs center and was told I would receive a gift card for their current value.

I had purchased the flip flops on sale, but the Tory Burch customer service representative repeatedly assured me that I would receive a gift card with the amount of whatever the flip flops were currently selling for.

Obviously, this did not happen.

I got the sales price back, which does not help me at all seeing as I cannot replace my flip flops for that amount.

This evening, I called to speak to a customer service representative.

As a former waitress and current salon receptionist, I know how difficult and tiring it can be dealing with the general public, so I am always overly polite when talking with customer service employees.

The man I talked to though?

Not so polite.

After I explained my situation to him, he replied, "Why should we give you back more money than you paid for them?"

I truly did not care about the money amount. I only wanted to replace my flip flops.

"You aren't getting anymore than the price you purchased them for, and frankly, since your shoes were over a year old, you shouldn't have gotten any money back at all."

Ummmmm WHAT?!

He was rude and incredibly mean to me, and I clearly did not get the gift card amount I requested.

Because, you know, I apparently didn't deserve any money back on a pair of overpriced flip flops that fell apart.

I am never buying another Tory Burch product again.

I have Old Navy flip flops that are 5+ years old, and they appear to be in no danger of breaking.

Au revoir, Tory! This shopaholic is finding a new shoe brand.

UPDATE: This morning, a very kind woman from Tory Burch called me to say they had read my email and listened to the phone conversation I had with the customer service rep.

She apologized sincerely and said that the way he had spoken to me was unacceptable and the information he was giving was not even entirely true.

I felt like she really listened to me and understood why I was irked.

To make it up to me, she added a 20% off coupon code to my gift card amount.

Not bad at all!

I revoke my previous proclamation. I'll be shopping at Tory Burch again ;)

7 comments:

  1. My Rainbows are approaching their 6th birthday and while they are starting to look horrendous, they definitely won't be replaced until they have holes in them. I can't believe they were so rude to you!! I wouldn't purchase again from them either.

    x!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate horrible customer service! This makes me not want to save my hard earned money on buying their overpriced footwear now! Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HATE when people in the customer service industry are so rude! But thank you for sharing your experience because I have been lusting after a pair of Tory Burch flats forever. Now I don't want those shoes quite so badly! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable! Completely rude and unprofessional! So sorry that you had such a bad experience Jenna :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so annoying! Clearly that company makes plenty of money and should fully refund you for the broken flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that stinks. you should write a letter of complaint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. トリーバーチ バッグはデザインが素敵だけじゃなく、実用性もバッチリ備わっている、素材の採用はいつも高級ものを選んで、形崩れなどしない。あと内側に多数のポケットがセットされ、小物もガンガン入れられる、通勤中の化粧直しもすっごく便利、女性にとって大助かり。tory burchは多くの女性から熱い支持を受けてる定番アイテム、色々なシーンで大活躍してくれる。

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.