Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wait! That's my car!

Last night, my friend came in town from Columbus.

She had texted me about this impromptu visit just a few days earlier in the week, and it was such a fun surprise to have her venture down to Cincinnati for the evening.

Kelsey and I went to DePaul together freshman year. We once went over eighteen months (!) without seeing each other yet are always able to pick up where we left off.

I love friends like that.
Rachel, Kelsey, & Me!
The weather has been absolutely PERFECT in Cincinnati this weekend, and last night was no exception.

We were all sitting in our kitchen with the balcony doors open and a nice, cool breeze coming in. We were clinking flutes and enjoying our celebratory pink champagne when I saw Ben calling.

"Hi! Where are you?" I asked. Ben had been at dinner and was going to meet up with us later.

"Does anyone there drive a (names car brand and model, which I will keep private)?"

"That's Kelsey's car. Why?"

"Well, you'd come quick because there is a cop and tow truck out here, and they're getting ready to tow it!"

AHHHHH!!!!!

"Your car is being towed!!!!" I exclaimed to Kelsey, as we ran down the millions stairs that lead to my apartment.

Outside, the tow truck's yellow lights were shining. All of our neighbors were outside being nosy. Ben was busy attempting to keep Kelsey's car on that street and out of harm's way.

"Oh my gosh." Kelsey and I both sighed when we saw where we had parked only a few hours earlier.

We were directly in front of someone's driveway.

"We are so dumb." I said.

Everyone agreed.

Luckily, the police officer was really nice to us and let Kelsey go with just a ticket. The tow truck man looked annoyed as he maneuvered his giant, evil truck out of our street and left Kelsey's car alone.

Since Kelsey and I had already uncorked the champagne, Ben moved her car for us and all was right again in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how much it costs to get a car out of impound? You guys got off the hook!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.