By "just all of my close friends," I mean Rachel and Ben.
Friday night, I went to my parents' house and had a Richard Gereathon (YES!) with our neighbor, which was an absolute blast. Loooooove Richard. He may be my second biggest celebrity crush, right behind Steve Martin.
![]() |
| Gorgeous man. |
Of course, I got to hang out with the fabulous Ellie, as well.
Lovely, lovely.
Saturday, I worked from 9-4.
As I was driving home, I suddenly realized...I was all alone for the night. My best friends were out of the state, and my parents had other plans for the night.
Mmhmm. My parents even ditched me.
Since I had stayed in Friday night, I really wanted to go out, and I didn't think that being alone should stop me.
So I took a long shower, changed into a cute outfit, and did my makeup before heading out to my favorite sushi restaurant.
"How many tonight?" the hostess asked brightly when I entered the door.
"One. I can just sit at the bar."
And I did.
I sat at the bar and ordered a glass of Pinot Grigio. I read a collection of Jhumpa Lahiri short stories and enjoyed an amazing sushi dinner.
I didn't feel embarrassed or awkward being by myself. I felt liberated.
After dinner, I drove to one of my favorite shopping areas and did something I always love to do alone :) I found great deals at Nordstrom Rack (a store I usually don't seem to have much luck at!) and Old Navy.
Following shopping, I came home and changed into comfy clothes. I set out my addictive Trader Joe's salsa with Flaxseed Tortilla chips and poured myself a glass of wine.
I slid Bridget Jones into the DVD player and thought, "Hmm...Maybe being alone isn't so bad after all."
At least for one night anyway.

Your weekend sounds dreamy! Sushi and movie by yourself? I would kill for that!
ReplyDeleteEvery now and then a night like that is so much fun. It's your "me" time, where you can do whatever YOU want and not feel guilty about it :) so glad you had a great Friday night!
ReplyDeleteI did the exact same thing in Chicago while my boyfriend was at work! Lunched at a sushi restaurant, ordered two glasses of chardonnay, and sat and read my kindle. It was absolutely wonderful! Here's to our independence. :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously this sounds amazing to me!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!!! One day this kind of night will be a far off fantasy hehe....indulge in baths too- haven't had one in 4 years...I totally need to get bubbles.
ReplyDeleteGO GIRL!!!!!! I would never be able to go out alone but maybe I should try soon! It sounds like heaven! I do, however, love shopping alone. My sister is about the only person I can stand shopping with. I need to concentrate and just enjoy the time by myself!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely sounding evening, I am glad you enjoyed it! I am learning to love moments like that as well, it's quite an art. Here's to enjoying moments alone which make the moments with friends even sweeter!!
ReplyDelete