This morning, I called the mother of a friend of the little boy's to see if her son would like to come over and play.
"Why don't you guys come out to my parents' pool today?" she generously suggested.
After dropping the little girl off at a camp, the little boy and I headed north for our day in the sun.
The woman's parents were some of the kindest, most hospitable people I have ever met.
We talked all afternoon while the kids played in the pool, and both the husband and wife were continuously making sure I was comfortable.
| It was like this minus the cocktail. |
"Let me put out the umbrella for you so you don't get sunburnt," her husband would smile.
Basically, I sat by a beautiful pool and had a sweet couple cater to my every need all afternoon.
Talk about living the life!
When the couple extended an invitation for us to return next week, I couldn't have proclaimed "YES!" any quicker.
While being pampered for the day was absolutely amazing, I have to admit that it was the couple's warm and welcoming manner that left the real lasting impression on me. It was just so refreshing to know that there are really nice people out there...
...people who are so nice, they will take in a random nanny like she's one of the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.