Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"We only have two minutes left!"

Last night, my roommates and I went hard for Fat Tuesday.

Cookies, buckeyes, ice cream, popcorn, and wine were all involved. 

At 11:58PM, I gasped, "We only have two minutes left! Hurry!"

We then proceeded to spend the next 120 seconds trying to fit in a few last cookies and numerous spoonfuls of ice cream.

Classy and ladylike.

My roommate texted me this morning, "I woke up feeling fat. Successful night."

Indeed!

I just arrived home from Ash Wednesday mass on campus, and I have to say- having ashes on my forehead makes me feel like I'm Harry Potter with a scar! I am dying to approach someone and say, "This is the soot left behind when the Dark Lord tried to kill me."

 = 

Is that sacrilegious?

Oh, well.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like the perfect night! haha, I got roped into going to the bar, and surprisingly, there was NO ONE there. I would've much preferred to be cuddled up with mountains of sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you all were in a big rush to indulge right before midnight. We are going to Ash Wednesday service tonight!

    I went to Catholic college and my freshman year I could not figure out why everyone's forehead was dirty on Ash Wednesday! I felt so stupid afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, that is def. taking Fat Tuesday to the best extreme! love it. sometimes i do that for no reason at all. :) you would think i was giving something up with the way i stuff my face sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Catholic school and I always remember being teased for having the ashes on the bus ride home (we used the public school bus). I'm going to 5:30pm mass tonight and then I'll get some!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.