Friday, February 10, 2012

"But he's not old enough for that!"

This morning, I was talking to my mom on the phone during her commute to work.

"The creepiest thing happened last night," she told me.

"Oooooh. What?" I asked, instantly intrigued.

"I went upstairs, and guess what Ben was doing?"

Ben is my younger brother. He could be doing a lot of strange things. The possibilities seemed endless.

"Oh my God. What was he doing?"

My mom stopped for an appropriate dramatic pause before saying, "He was talking to a girl. He's going on a date tonight."

My mom and I then exclaimed over how young he is, and how this is all so weird to us.

Did I mention the fact that Ben is sixteen-years-old and a junior in high school?

What is it about the youngest of the family always seeming so, well, young?

6 comments:

  1. The 'baby' will always be just that - the baby. We never expect all of life's events to happen to that person. Perhaps this is because it will be the last time an older sister/brother, mom/dad gets to share in the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahah i agree! i still think of my brother as a little kid but he's in college and is like 4 inches taller than me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sweet. Wonder what they are doing on their date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so adorable! And I love your delivery of the story too- "he's my younger brother. He could be doing a lot of strange things." ha. ha. Hope he has fun on his date! I agree about younger siblings - my youngest sister just turned 16 this fall and I'm like there's no way she can be driving now- I just got my license! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha! So funny. I hear ya - my sister is in college and she is still such a baby to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, so funny Jenna! I´m the youngest in our family, and I don´t think my Mom ever discussed my dating debuts with my older brother...now that would have been weird! :)

    Happy Monday!

    xx Ivana

    Stop by sometimes :)
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.