I arrived to campus half an hour early so I could run down to the building's computer lab and print off my essay before the beginning of class. I leisurely set down my umbrella and Java Chip Frappuccino in my classroom and made my way down to the lab.
THE PRINTER WASN'T WORKING!!!!
This is where the horror begins.
Now time pressed, I thoughtlessly ran around the building looking for a printer.
"Thank God!" I wanted to exclaim when I spotted a graduate student printing off papers in a side office.
"Hi." I said awkwardly, gazing down at the beautiful, functioning printer. "Could you tell me where there is a working printer in the building? I have a paper due in twenty minutes, and the one in the lab is out of order."
The graduate student just stared at me before replying, "I guess you'll just have to go to the library."
Seriously????
STARING AT HIS WORKING PRINTER, I said, "Um, oh. Okay."
I then exited the building and walked through the pouring rain to the closest building with a computer lab. This building also happens to be super modern and asymmetrical. It's impossible to navigate.
![]() |
| Confusing building! |
Empty-handed.
Luckily, my professor was really nice and understanding, but it was quite a frustrating ordeal.
And that mean graduate student better hope he never needs to ask me a favor. Rude.

you are much nicer than i am ... i would have given him a mouthful. how rude!
ReplyDeleteHow rude!! That's ridiculous I'm so sorry!,
ReplyDeleteUGH! That is the worst! You are lucky to have an understanding professor! All of mine have expressed more than once already that they will ONLY take a hard copy in class and won't accept anything late. Let's hope that Karma gets the best of that mean grad student!
ReplyDeletejeeeez what an absolute tit! i hate people like that. our printer system is really confusing and i asked someone who was older than me and she said sarcastically 'are you a fresher then?' super condescending!
ReplyDeletechlo @chlowitty blogs
That's rotten! I can't believe he didn't let you use the printer!
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe that grad student! Must not be their week or something- the grad assistant for my finance class was NO help when I went in to go over the homework before my test this week. He was like I have no idea how to do this, sorry. UH- isn't that part of your job duties? Psh.
ReplyDeleteThat is so frustrating, what a rude grad student! Karma will get him eventually. :) Glad your professor was understanding!
ReplyDelete