Sunday, February 26, 2012

Spin me away.

On Saturday, my two roommates and I eagerly went off to a spinning class at our campus rec.
Spinning pro!
My one roommate was a spinning vet and told us, "Oh, it's so much fun! It doesn't even feel like you're working out."

That sounded divine!

After many adjustments were made so that our spinning bikes were in the proper positions, the instructor turned on some fun music, and we began!

It became very clear that this class was not going to live up to the bold "It doesn't even feel like you're working out" statement.

Phrases such as "mental fortitude" and "soldier on" were frequently used as we pedaled and pedaled.

I had never sweat so much during a workout before! And my butt had never felt so uncomfortable. 

Right around the time I was contemplating hopping off that sadistic bike, my instructor shouted out, "There are NO quitters in this class!"

Oh, snap. I was stuck.

I spent the remainder of the 45 minute class praying to God for a nosebleed. I figured the instructor would have to let me leave if that happened.

The nosebleed never came, but I did manage to finish the class.

I ended up coming home and sleeping the afternoon away. 

I don't think I'll be spinning again anytime soon.

11 comments:

  1. I love spinning, but my butt always hurts the next day! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you...I don't care for spinning either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate spinning!! I have tried several times but I cannot stand pedaling and going no where! I'd much rather go on a scenic bike ride outside. You just need to zumba girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first time i went to spin, i didn't understand how people coped with the butt-pain... but i went a few more times & i'm happy to report that it does indeed get better. i like spin - like you said, it makes you sweat like craaaaazy - and melts those calories away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love spinning! But I don't do it enough and it definitely kills my leggies every time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. I would totally spin with you if you lived in VA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried spinning before, and this definitely makes me even more weary of trying it! haha. But I'm glad you gave it a go, and stuck with it til the end- way to go Jenna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, my poor friend, this is such a drastic way to discover the spinning! I actually love it, and I have a stationary bike at home, but I started really slowly, like 10 minutes a day, so I didn´t get discouraged! You should give it a second chance, but definitely outside the spinning class, just on your own!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mental fortitude and soldier? I would die. But I have always wanted to try! I hear it's a great workout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, spinning sounds terrible. I've never been able to work up the bravery to attempt the spinning class at my gym, because when people leave the room they look like they've just been swimming! Ugh. I'm sure you melted a zillion calories, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "praying for a nosebleed" this post just made my day! i laughed so hard...then read it to my colleagues and we were all in hysterics - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.