Thursday, February 16, 2012

No key detected!

Every Sunday, my family meets to have lunch or dinner together.

This past weekend, we went to J. Alexander's. I had been craving red meat (Is that weird? Confession- I love red meat). My steak was divine.

Anyway.

After lunch, my mom and I wanted to stop by this nearby shop. My dad said he would drop us off and drive around for a bit until we were finished.

Lovely, lovely.

My mom and I were ruminating over the purchase of a beautiful scarf when my dad called her cell phone.

"You have the key with you! The car's acting up! It's going to stop moving soon."

AHHHH!!!!!

My mom has a car that has a push button start. You just drive with the key relatively nearby. You know, like in your pocket or in the center console. Not two miles away in a women's clothing and accessories shop.

We left the scarf behind and quickly made our way back out to the curb.

My dad pulled up a few minutes later, laughing.

Apparently the car had been saying, "No key detected! No key detected!"

Lesson of the day: You cannot drive a car without a key.

Or maybe you can. For at least seven minutes or so.
This picture always makes me laugh. It's from a time when my mom, little brother, and dad all had to squeeze into my dad's backseat. It's completely irrelevant to this post except for the fact that the setting is a car.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I could ever drive a hybrid for fear it wasn't on they are so quiet. And the whole key thing would be required for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL oh my word! I have not heard of such a key thing!! You and your family sound like such a hoot. I love your little anecdotes! On a side note, not to sound all scientific, but if you're craving something, you're usually deficient in it...red meat = iron, so you really should listen to your body!! It usually has to do with your cycle, but only if you believe that holistic mumbojumbo. (i do.) Hope you got your fill of beef!! Thanks for the laugh over my coffee this am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That is quite an adventure, haha. Your family seems like such fun people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same thing in my car. One time Jon ran into a store with the key and I started freaking out because the car was yelling at me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this is so hilarious Jenna! Another life lesson learned!

    xx Ivana

    Stop by sometimes :)
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.