Thursday, February 23, 2012

Loud Mouth Chewing: Tortuous and Unnecessary

This morning, I was sitting in class when one of my biggest pet peeves began a few seats behind me.

I'm talking about loud mouth chewing, people.
Yep! Even you, adorable giraffe.
Once I hear a classmate enjoying a crunchy apple or smack-smacking a piece of gum, it becomes all I can concentrate on. My focus is completely diverted from the professor, and the only thing I can hear are those awful, terrible, obnoxious sounds. 

I understand that people get hungry during class. Especially a three and a half hour one like the class I had this morning. 

Oh, but why can't people simply chew quietly?

I just hope I can keep my severe annoyance in my head. It can be safely assumed that I may freak the whole class out if I randomly exclaimed, "STOP CHEWING SOOOOO LOUD!!!!!!!"

That might be a bit alarming.

4 comments:

  1. FOR. THE. LOVE.
    I do NOT understand why some people have ZERO manners. There is a girl that sits directly across from me (we're at tables, in groups) in my night class and insists on chewing gum/eating snacks throughout the entire class. Drives. Me. Insane.
    Seriously. I think that by the end of the semester I'm going to snap and yell "spit that gum out or stop chewing like a cow!!!!"
    Ugh.
    Can you tell that I'm a bit annoyed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh.SO.Disgust. It's so annoying in a class, especially when the only other noise is a lecturer. PS. did you start your Austen class yet? I never took one and I wanna live vicariously!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omnomnomnomnomnom
    I realized, from video (oh thank you, bf's new DSLR) that I look like a horse when I'm eating. There's really no good way to do it, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! That reminds me of an episode of How I Met Your Mother! lol

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.