A few weeks ago, I went to check my bank accounts online.
My Visa bill was much higher than anticipated, and my Mastercard actually had a debit to it.
Freaking out, I scanned through my history until I realized that the bank had misapplied my last credit card payments, applying my Mastercard payment to the Visa and vice-versa.
I went to the bank the next morning and notified them of the mistake.
They didn't even say, "We're sorry."
Rude.
But they did acknowledge the mistake, and the manager told me I would receive a call the following week once it had all been sorted out.
Almost ten days later, the manager called me to report that the matter had been taken care of. I quickly went online and brought up my accounts again.
"Um, actually. It looks like it's worse than before," I commented, seeing a HUGE Visa bill and an even bigger debit to my Mastercard.
"What? Let me bring it up here...oh. They did the same problem all over again. I'll call you back when it's fixed for real."
Yes, bloggers. My bank committed the SAME EXACT problem a second time around! And once again, I received NO apology.
Ugghhhhh.
Has anyone else ever had banking issues?

I hope they fix it. I've found the best thing to do is ask for a manager and explain the poor customer service and how dissatisfied you are. They'll probably give you some sort of credit.
ReplyDeletemake them apologize! let them know how the service has been horrible and no one has even bothered to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
ReplyDeleteand no, my bank hasn't done anything like that. actually i love my bank.
Eww that's awful! I really hope they sort it out soon!
ReplyDeleteI hate banking problems. They always give me a damn heart attack.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
YES! So annoying. I switched...no longer an HSBC fan. Hope it sorts out and you don't have these probs again! Sorry.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this happening, let alone twice to the same person! Yikes!! Hope it gets sorted out!!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, that's just so rude! I think they need to replace your money, and add some for their mistake! :) I wonder how often they make mistakes like that and customers don't even notice...
ReplyDeleteThis is so stupid and rude, I can´t even believe it! I keep my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Stop by sometimes :)
Macarons and Pearls