Monday, February 20, 2012

It was nice knowing you!

With the season of Lent quickly approaching, my roommate and I sat down to discuss what we would be giving up for those forty days and nights.

Actually, we were sitting at the dining room table Facebook creeping on people when the topic came up. But that's neither here nor there.

I am going to make an effort to attend mass every week despite being "too tired" or "too busy."

Often, I'm just too lazy.

Besides that though, I am attempting to give up something I consider one of my top three loves in life.

Sweets.
Here I am POSING with a pint of ice cream. Someone call Non-Celebrity Rehab ASAP.
And I mean all sweets. Chocolate, candy, cookies, cupcakes...the whole lot of them.

I recently read that the more sweets you eat, the more you crave them.

I find this completely true and applicable to my own life.

Obviously I will be spending these last few days consuming an unhealthy and gluttonous amount of sweets.

If you live in the Cincinnati area, do not be surprised to see me at your local bakery or in the candy aisle of Target.

If you see me in one of these places after Wednesday, tell me to drop the bag of Hershey hugs and go say a Hail Mary.

11 comments:

  1. Good luck, girl! I think I could go a week without sweets... but that'd be pushin it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew. Brave lady! I don't know if I could do it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, 40 days without sweets? That is an impressive task to take on! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. So brave! I gave up chocolate last year and ended up eating boxes of Thin Mints because I convinced myself "mint chocolate" didn't count. I'm giving up things- check my blog Wednesday for the list! xoxoxo We'll keep each other strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear....good luck with this!! I wish you the best of luck...and I will try to refrain from blogging about any sweet stuff--I'm trying to cut back anyway. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. More power to you girl- good luck! I could never do it. I'm trying out the moderation tactic for now.. :P haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to have some ice cream now. stat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm giving up sweets too!!! I've already eaten 3/4 of a whole cake I baked Saturday...Wednesday is going to be rough :( Hopefully we can encourage each other!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking about giving up cookies, brownies, cake, etc. I've done it before and been successful and not successful (different years)...so who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to give up sweets! It is so hard to do though. I can't go over a week without sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh Jenna, I don´t know how you can manage this! I´m a sweet addict myself, and I can´t live without something sweet every day! I´ll be following closely your success :) Good luck!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.