Sunday, September 25, 2011

Free hug? No thanks!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, this past Wednesday was my first day back to class.

That afternoon, I was walking back to my house after my American Literature class when I saw one terrifying sight.

There were dozens of women dressed in black shirts screaming, "FREE HUGS!!!!"
Please respect my personal space and get away from me.
My stomach dropped. The scary people were directly in my path home. What was I going to do?

I put my head down to avoid eye contact and hurried up my pace.

"You!!! Bring it on in! Come on! Get a free hug!" One of them barbarically shouted at me.

Oh no! They had spotted me!!!

I walked even faster, accidentally stepping in a huge puddle. My poor foot was soaked wet, but I couldn't stop now.

Then, I tripped and lost my shoe. I knew then that it was too late for me.

"Would you like a free hug?"

I looked up and sighed, "Sure."

The stranger hugged me, and then I walked in defeat to Starbuck's and bought myself an iced pumpkin spice latte to cheer up.

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha...you're hilarious! You should have just hugged them first and gotten it over with; like ripping off a band-aid :-)

    Next time, pretend to be talking on the phone and crying hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Did the hug make you feel good??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that sounds terrifying to me too! I may be Southern, but I am by no means a hugger like most Southern ladies. I cannot stand for a stranger to be in my personal bubble. You handled that way better than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Jenna- first the sample lady at the mall and then free hug girls at school - I hope the PSL made it worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.