Thursday, September 15, 2011

Breaking the rules.

For the first time in my twenty-one years, I have a TV in my bedroom.
But it doesn't look this chic :(
Growing up, it was a rule in my house that TVs were not allowed in our bedrooms. When I dormed my freshman year of college, one of my roommates declared, "We are here to study- not to watch TV," which meant that there was going to be NO TV in our dorm room.

Basically, if my other TV-loving roommate or I wanted to watch a show, we either had to go to the student center, wait for it to be online, or watch it under my bed.

Seriously. After my one roommate banned televisions, we had to stow the TV my second roommate had brought under my semi-lofted bed.

Sad, sad.

Anyway, I wasn't planning on having a TV in my bedroom in my campus house, but as I watched all of my roommates set up their own personal TVs and realized how many fall shows I was looking forward to watching in the next few weeks...well. It just seemed imperative that I get a TV myself.

And I must admit, I really love having a TV in my bedroom!

I enjoy having the background noise, and it's especially nice to be able to watch the news while I get ready in the morning. Most of all, it's nice to know I won't miss any of my favorite shows!

I love you bedroom TV.

7 comments:

  1. HAHAHA how do i already know which roommate was the one who banned the tv? so happy you've been converted to the dark side. i don't know what i would do without my bedroom tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, this is hilarious! I mean, watching TV under your bed? Well, I don´t have a TV in my bedroom and I don´t really want one, because I´m sure I´ll be watching it all the time! But you´re right, there are so many amazing shows starting in september that it´s beyond tempting...

    Happy watching Jenna :)

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that a candace olsen room? i LOVE her style!!! happy bedroom tv : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. jared and i just purchased our very first tv last christmas and put it in our room too (sans cable, unfortunately) but we have been like little kids at a slumber party ever since. it's kind of like the feeling of staying in a hotel or something. good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that roommate was quite a buzz kill haha! I can't imagine not being able to fall asleep to Friends or Frasier at night! I like cannot sleep without watching them (or Golden Girls!) at night- it's fabulous. Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you survive without a TV in your dorm?? I can't imagine not being able to fall asleep to my favorite shows in my comfy bed.
    Well now you'll just have to make up for lost time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me giggle! My family has the same rule about no tvs in bedrooms- thanks to me! haha. When I was in 2nd grade I got my tonsils and adnoids out and my parents put an old tv in my room while I recovered, and I begged to keep it in when I was better. Well then I started watching tv while I got ready for school in the morning, and would be late, etc so my parents decided no more tv in the bedroom and that was that! My sisters are the tv watchers in the family so they never even got a shot at it in their bedroom cause it'd always be on! When I got to college I got a small tv and dvd player for my room, but last fall my tv broke in like the first month and I didn't have a tv til my birthday in January- is it sad that I didn't even miss it? :P And last night Jake and I watched tv on my tv, we're 5 weeks into this year and it was the first time I turned my tv on! Sad, I know, but I just don't watch a lot of tv! :P I'm glad you're a rule breaker hehe and hope you enjoy your new tv! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.