Monday, November 5, 2012

Why thank you, Mom!

I was at home Saturday evening when my mom said, "Come upstairs. I have a surprise for you."

Surprise?

Obviously I was intrigued.

"I saw on your blog that you wanted a diamond necklace." My mom rummaged through her jewelry drawer as my breathing sped up and my heart beat faster. "Now that you're officially an adult, I think it's time you had this."

And then my sweet, sweet mom gave me a beautiful solitaire diamond necklace.

It was the necklace my dad had given her many Christmases ago. He had bought her a gorgeous jewelry box she had been lusting after, and when she opened the top, he had a diamond necklace waiting inside.

"This is a very special necklace, and I want you to have it," she smiled, handing it to me.

Bloggers, this is easily one of the most wonderful and sentimental gifts I have ever received.
Thank you, Mom! <3

Oh, and I suppose I need to thank you, too, Dad!

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! Moms are the best!

    It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so so sweet Jenna! Your parents seem like such wonderful people! And the jewelry with a story and history is always the best!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet!! I have a simple silver bracelet my dad gave my mom while they were dating in high school and I love wearing it and thinking of them, so I can only imagine the significance such a special necklace like this will have for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.