Bloggers, I am exhausted.
After work Friday evening, I got in a good workout (finally!) and then headed north to babysit the kids I was a nanny for this summer. I was so excited to see them!
I was even more excited when the little girl informed me that she had received "The Parent Trap" for her birthday and asked if we could watch it.
BEST MOVIE EVER.
I sincerely hope that I can one day tell someone, "I have class, and you don't."
Anyway, around 8:45, the kids said, "We're really tired."
"Okay! Let's bring all of the pillows and blankets down here and camp out!" I suggested brightly. "We can make a fort!"
"Um, can't we just go to bed?" the sleepy, little girl asked.
I was secretly totally bummed.
When I finally got home that night, I saw that I had received my cousin's beautiful wedding invitation in the mail. I love receiving wedding invitations.
It was not a good day as I was yelled at by a very angry mother-of-the-bride. I won't get into specifics as I don't think it is professional to speak about the incident outside of work, but I'll just say that receptionists of all kinds often end up as scapegoats for any problem a client may have even though that problem often has nothing to do with the front desk person at all.
I was very stressed out and frazzled after the incident, and I had an awful day because of it. I knew I shouldn't let it bother me, but to be honest, I just felt really knocked off my game for the remainder of the day.
After I got off work, I drove back up north to babysit the same family for a second night in a row.
Gosh, was I ever happy to see my bed when I got home last night.
This morning, I slept in until 9:40AM. It was wonderful.
Remember how I was getting spider bites back in the middle of October? Well, those bites have not stopped, and I wasn't exactly being very proactive about the problem. Annoyed, my dad dropped off a spider-killing spray and instructed me to get on the problem ASAP.
My parents are probably tired of seeing my arms look like this.
Anyway. I moved almost everything up on my bed this morning and sprayed my exposed brick wall. Then, I sprayed along all of the baseboards and windows.
Afterwards, I vacuumed and dusted.
That is when I found FIVE (!!!!) spider webs. I practically had a village in here! Gross, gross, gross!
I plan to spend the rest of the day decorating my now (hopefully) spider-free and clean bedroom for Christmas, painting my nails, and reading blogs.
I desperately want a Starbucks' Peppermint Mocha, but I am feeling too lazy to leave my apartment for the duration of this day.
It may have been a tiring and busy weekend, but I now have enough money saved for this!
Nordstrom is going to think I am another kind of "working girl" when I hand my cash over for this beauty.
"Babysitting money," I'll reply.
Ohh that ring is beautiful! I hope you successfully rid your room of spiders - I saw your decorated room on Instagram and it looks lovely!
ReplyDeleteParent trap is the BEST!! Everytime I see it in tv I stop to watch it.
ReplyDeleteSad the mim yelled at you. Not nice at all.
You are so clever- love the working girl play on words! ;-) And that ring is GORGEOUS! I've got my sights on a david yurman ring once I start making and saving money too. Swoon. Also, now I really want to watch the Parent Trap!
ReplyDeleteI love parent trap. i am also dying at what you wrote on that rsvp card. you are adorable!
ReplyDeleteOhh Jenna, I'm so sorry to read about the salon experience! People can be so mean and unfair when they are stressed out! (it's the only explanation I can come up with). And yuck, I hate spider webs! I clean my room thoroughly every week, but I still get them from time to time. That's just so annoying! But thumbs up for the soon-t-be-yours beautiful ring. It's a stunner!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
Haha I love this! You're such a working girl! And I love that you wrote in "a mystery man" HAHA!
ReplyDeleteHahaha, babysitting money! Hilarious, you are so funny!!
ReplyDeleteI would be freaking out about the spider bites! Thank God for your dad, lol.
That ring is stunning!