Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"Chiiiiiiiiiips!"

As I mentioned in my previous post, I spent last Saturday night babysitting the kids I was a nanny for this past summer.

I also was in charge of two neighborhood children, one of which was a darling three-year-old boy.

Around 10:15PM, he ran up to me with a bag of Lays potato chips.
via
"Chips!" he said merrily, holding up the yellow bag.

"Nope. No chips. It's too late," I said casually, taking the bag from him and placing it on the countertop. "Besides, you already had Cheez-Its and a popsicle, remember?"

The little boy was OUTRAGED.

"CHIIIIIIIIIIIPS!" He began to hysterically cry, making me want to hysterically laugh. "CHIIIIIIIIIPS!"

He then proceeded to run to the kitchen where he looked up at the countertop longingly, clearing wishing for that magical yellow bag of Lays to fall into his hands.

"CHIIIIIIIPS! HUUUUUUNGRY!" he continued to bawl.

"If you're hungry, I can cut you up some fruit. Or you can have cheese or yogurt." I told the furious child.

"NOOOOOOOOO!" He angrily replied, crying all the harder.

I let him be for a few minutes.

After sobbing, he curled himself up in a ball beside the countertop and started to softly cry, "Chiiiiiiiips. Chiiiiiiiiiiiips."

Funniest thing of my entire life.

"How about Danimals and a pack of fruit snacks?" I suggested, not wanting the poor boy to be emotionally scarred from the whole ordeal.

He agreed to this compromise and then fell asleep shortly after.

Begging for chips can be very exhausting, you know!

5 comments:

  1. Haha, is it so bad that I am laughing hysterically? I'm going to be horrible as a mom, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You don't need chips before bedtime - ha ha! Good compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. I would have not been able to stop laughing at the child. Clearly I am not ready to be a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! This is quite something- pretty cute! This was me the other night, except it was POPCORN and CRACKERS during my late night study sesh and I definitely ate WAY TOO MUCH for that time of night. I need a babysitter clearly! ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, this reminds me so much of my own nannying experiences! All the kids adore chips, and they are able to fly to the moon and back for them, it's so funny! I love how you kept your resolve, and didn't surrender :)

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.