Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Strange things I buy

About once each week, I like to peruse my local Pier 1.
via
It is difficult for me to describe the joy I feel once I enter that shop and the signature ding-dong rings the moment I step on the automated floor mat.

It's just bliss. Sheer bliss.

I just love the scent, the beautiful colors, the colorful products...it's all so happy and uplifting.

I usually don't find anything that I have to have (or can afford), but last night, I came across something that I inexplicably could not leave the store without.

This guy.


Isn't he so cute? He is a flying pig piggy bank, and his name is Pierre!

I am going to keep my lucky pennies inside him.

I think he is also appropriate since Cincinnati's mascot is the flying pig!

:)

10 comments:

  1. C has a mascot?! Does RVA!? Must find out! He is a cute little piggie! I live closer to Pier 1 than I used to so I am enjoying going more often! Our bar stools are from there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny!!! I love it. I love walking in that store too; I use their awesome (expensive) ideas then go to Target to purchase...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO ADORABLE! I love my pink piggy bank but Pierre is probably the cutest piggy bank ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pierre is so cute! Love little things like that. Pier 1 is a fun store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I miss Pier 1. Is there one nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, you are the cutest!! Cutest pig ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GIRLLLLL I'm with you on the Pier 1 obsession. I love that place and hubby hates it. Haha.. he always bitches everytime I buy something from there. The truth is I very rarely spend full price for anything in that place. Usually everything I buy is on sale. Did you see the $500 table I scored for $125? I need to start posting the deals I find in there.. The secret is to go on Tuesdays when they mark everything down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, is this thing even real? I'm absolutely in love with this little guy, doesn't he have a little brother for me? I want him, NOW! :)

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great name. Pierre from Pier 1.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just fabulous in so many ways! I love the name.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.