I held open the impressive (and heavy!) door for a couple and their adorable bebe on my way out of the store.
"He is so cute! I love his coat. He looks so warm!" I smiled as the bebe was wearing the most darling light blue parka.
The woman looked at me funny (almost insulted) before replying, "He's actually seventeen months old."
"Um...that's awesome!" I awkwardly replied, unsure as to why she jumped right to his age. Or why she looked so peeved.
And then, walking to my car, I realized that the woman had thought I said, "He looks like he was just born."
Like I was insulting the size of her precious bebe.
In happier news, I came home and purchased my pullover just fine from the Patagonia website. Now I just have to wait up to twelve days for it to arrive on my doorstep.
![]() |
| This was THE softest, most wonderful coat when I tried it on in the store. COME TO ME SOON, P!! |

That stinks. Why would she even think that?! It doesn't even make sense!! Boo to her! ;)
ReplyDeleteHope your pullover gets here quickly!!
Love patagonia fleeces. Some ppl just need to get over themslves a bit in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteHaha don't you just love it when awkward convos happen like that and you don't realize what they may have thought you said or vice versa until later.
ReplyDeleteThat pullover looks so warm! ♥ And LOL for the lady there, how can anyone get insulted by that? :D
ReplyDeleteOh man! I would have done the same thing- and not realized what I did either - everyone has their moments!
ReplyDelete