Monday, November 26, 2012

Change it up!

I am a big believer in this: if you don't like something- change it!

I cannot stand when people mope around complaining about different aspects of their lives but make no effort to improve the situation.

Last night, I was looking back at old blog posts and moaning, "I used to be so skinny! Ughhhh why did I let myself get this way?!"
Skinny Hufflepuff. Le sigh.
Etc, etc. You know, just lots of groaning about my current weight.

I had become one of those people.

It made me stop and think about other areas of my life that I'd like to change up but instead choose to just talk about how dissatisfied I am.

Here are things I am constantly talking about but never actually improving:

  • Budgeting my evening time better
  • Writing more of my novel
  • Losing weight (!!!!)
  • Live in the moment. Stop dwelling on the past. Also- concentrate on people I am talking to and matters I am discussing rather than daydreaming about something else. Possibly allocate a part of my day to daydreaming? 
  • Go to church every Sunday
So I am going to cease my moaning and try to make a difference in these areas.

If you catch me complaining on this blog (or any other social media site where we are acquainted), please call me out.

I'll deserve it!

5 comments:

  1. I love your philosophy and approach, Jenna, and I keep my fingers crossed for you! I really hope it will work!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this mantra! You can do it, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great outlook Jenna- I am gonna cheer you on via social media! It's so easy to get caught up in the negatives when it's more productive to be positive. Love this way of thinking - it's making me wonder what I can change myself. You go girl! :)

    PS- hope your tuesday is less swamped than your monday was!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be more than happy to call you out. Just kidding!! I'm just getting you back at laughing that my dog ate my leftovers, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck changing things a bit. I hope it works. Those are pretty hard things to change.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.