Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"What's on my mind" Wednesday

I love writing random tidbit posts.

And I think this "What's on my mind" Wednesday may become a weekly tradition.

Although I'm fairly awful at sticking to weekly posts so it's unlikely.

Here is what's on my mind this Wednesday, November 7, 2012.

1. I wrote this pre-wrote this post Monday night so the winner of the election is still unknown. Considering how close the polls have been, I am predicting a mess reminiscent of the 2004 election. I guess by the time you're reading this, we'll know either way!

2. I have purchased two fantastic Kate Spade items over the past month. The first, my "brushstroke" clutch, found its way to me through my KS angel- Fais. Fais is one of my friends through Blogger and after she posted a photo of her own "brushstroke" clutch, I commented how I had to have one. Fais informed that the clutch was sold out online, but she went to work the next day on a mission. Fais, who works for Kate Spade, managed to track one down for me across the country! She put it on hold in my name, and the clutch arrived at my humble Cincinnati abode within a week. It was spectacular. THANK YOU, Faison!

After my disastrous Thursday night at the concert and my poor iPhone's fall on the sidewalk, my case was pretty banged up. I ended up purchasing this turquoise silicone case. I am obsessed with the slot in the back for holding various cards (license, credit cards, etc), and I adore the tiny spade on the side of the case. Amazing purchase.


3. I have been drinking a cup of Celestial Sleeptime Tea every night before bed. I cannot get over the adorable bear in his pajamas on the box, and I honestly believe I've been sleeping better.
Insanely adorable.
4. I am having a difficult time budgeting my evenings. I have so much I want to do once I get off work (exercise, eat dinner, write blog posts, read blog posts, hang out with Rachel and Ben, read, write!), and I never fit it all in. I have been doing almost no reading, and it's making me feel awful! I don't think I've read a book in over a month.

5. Daylight Savings Time is awesome but weird. I love the light in the mornings, but I always forget how strange it feels to see the night sky at 6PM.

6. I love having a "little sister." We've only been paired for about six weeks now, but it's already been an incredible and rewarding experience for me. I have such a blast hanging out with my little sister, and I can't wait to get to know her even better!

7. I wish our amazing clawfoot tub got hotter water. I am dying to take a bubble bath!

What's on your mind this Wednesday?

7 comments:

  1. My mind is all over the darn place!! haha I just wrote about Christmas for goodness sakes!! I hear ya on the book thing, I am trying to sneak in more reading (and less tv watching) but it's so hard to balance. Blogs are so fascinating!! Love the new KS purchases!! I just took a bath for the first time in like 4 years; it was amazing. I felt so much better, I think I'll be doing it way more! Can your landlord fix that? Maybe boil a big pot of water and dump it in (Carefully!)?? DST is so odd...I kind of like it though?! Makes me feel warm and cozy that holidays are near!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS POST.Sleepy Time has been my favorite for years! I feel you on not being able to budget your time at night. I need more reading too. I wonder if you could boil water and add it to your bath? I know it's kind of ghetto but at least your bath would be warmer? Or ask landlord about turning up water heater? Bubble baths are 100% required in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like my book reading time has gone down drastically as well. I have an unread book in my nightstand and feel bad every time I look at it likes its judging me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE reading.. but I'm a sucker for teen books. I just finished up a book called MATCHED and I loved it. I'm awful at sticking to weekly posts...I try though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the very same problem with time management. I have too many books to read, too many DIY projects to make, too many recipes to try, too many blogs to peruse, too many photographs to take...I could do so much more if I weren't working lol :) And as for the winter time, here in Slovakia the sun sets at 4pm, and it feels very very weird!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that little bear!!!

    As for your LL, he bought it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These types of posts are fun to read so I'm glad you like writing them! heheh. And the What's on my Mind Wednesday idea is a clever one! I LOVE your Kate Spade clutch, that's so cute! Also, I've been daydreaming about what it's going to be like to be done with homework next year and have my nights to myself (can you say senioritis!) and I'm afraid I'll over budget my time, so I'm glad you're going to figure it out this year and then you can help me learn next summer! hehe. I'm so glad it's going well with your little sister! How often do you get together?

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.