SO.
Remember how I posted about those giant (presumably) spider bites waaaay back in October? And then posted again how I discovered over five thriving webs in my bedroom and sprayed spider killing spray all over?
Well. The bites went away for about one week. So I thought I was victorious. I could just imagine those spiders holding up a tiny, white flag in surrender (which is a sort of cute image, isn't it?) as they marched out of my bedroom.
Then. The bites came back.
Bigger and worse than EVER.
"Well. I don't know if I've upset the spiders or not," I pointed out to him. "I did destroy their webs."
He noted this was a valid point.
The doctor thinks these bumps may not even be bites but an allergic reaction. They have only appeared on my arms, and Rachel has strangely not been bit once in the six weeks I've been experiencing these red bumps. Whatever is happening to me is definitely contained to my bedroom.
I left the office on the verge of tears. I was just so frustrated. I am also a huge worrier. Most of all, I wanted an explanation behind my unsightly bumps.
My sweet mum arranged for an exterminator to come inspect my apartment on Tuesday, and I feel hopeful that he will have some answers for me. I don't care what is going on- I just want to fix it, you know?
Bugs- if you are reading this, please stop biting me. I am in a wedding in a few weeks, and I cannot be waltzing down the aisle with red bumps all over my arms.
UGH.

That IS strange.. I hope you get it figured out soon, it would drive me nuts too!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I had almost the exact same thing happen last year. I was absolutely terrified of the possibility of bed bugs, but we didn't have any (whew!). Zach didn't have any "bites" and the marks only showed up on my arms.
ReplyDeleteMy doctor thought I was either allergic to something, or thought it could be a reaction from stress. He put me on a couple weeks of steroid pills and voila - no more marks! It was NOT a fun time trying to figure it out, though, as you know.
I really hope you get some relief from whatever it is!
Oh Jenna, I'm so sorry to read this! I really hope the exterminator would be able to help you, although if it's an allergy, you should probably get some more tests to see what's not working for you...I keep my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
Yikes! I'm glad you're being proactive about it..hope you guys figure out the issue soon, those bites look painful!
ReplyDelete