When I moved out of my campus house all the way back in June, I literally tossed all sorts of things into that trunk.
Since some of those miscellaneous items were Christmas decorations, I knew that sifting through the mess was no longer avoidable.
I found a pair of leggings. Two blankets. A picture frame.
Most notably? I found the scale I had been avoiding for MONTHS.
So there, in my parents' driveway, wearing my shoes (!) and having eaten already for the day, I stepped on the scale.
The number was horrifying.
It was a number I hadn't seen since February 2011.
I am too embarrassed to share that number on this blog, but let's just say that I am dangerously close to my "fat" number. Like...really, really close.
Morosely, I carried my stupid scale inside the house with me and sat glumly on the steps to think about the state of my life.
Ellie set her head on my fat leg lovingly. I texted Rachel the number. She told me not to worry, that we could both get back on track, and that I still looked great. It was nice.
So, bloggers. Tomorrow I have to get SERIOUS.
Ughhhhhhhhhh- how could I let myself get back to this weight?!
Le sigh!

Girl, you can do it! I'm *trying* to get back to my pre-sophomore-year-in-college weight, and that number seems so far out of reach. But I'm convincing myself that going to the gym is nice, and eating oatmeal in the morning is yummy, and that fruit is as sweet as candy. You can do it! And don't worry about that "fat" number :)
ReplyDeleteYou can do it Jenna! You are one of my inspirations about weight loss and I'm cheering you on from Iowa! One week I weighed myself to find I was four lbs over my goal WW weight, which doesn't seem like a lot, but definitely put in perspective how easy it is to put the weight back on, and I have to weigh in once a month within 2 lbs of my goal so it was a kick in the pants to realize what exactly I'm eating, and how I'm excersizing!
ReplyDeleteIt happens to the best of us...start now so you can just be mindful through the holidays!! My fitness pal app was really helpful (prior to being prego) I would be so happy to do zumba or go for a long walk/maybe a jog?! But I know I will be able to soon. Just pack that gym bag and do "20 mins a day" and you'll prob end up doing longer. I always regretted not working out, but NEVER regretted a single sweat sesh. GOOD LUCK!! It's so important to feel good.
ReplyDeleteOh Jenna, you have to stop this! Toss that stupid scale away, and think about how you feel in your own body! Weight is just a number (and I know what I'm saying, I've been avoiding scales for most of my life: the only time I get to see one is when I'm at my GP's :) and it shouldn't define how you feel about yourself!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
Don't beat yourself up about it, scales are evil! They fluctuate so much. Try focusing on how your clothes are fitting, or just how you feel, to determine if you need to lose lbs.
ReplyDeleteAnd remember - you RAN a 5K just the other day! A lot of it could honestly be water weight. :)
Never beat yourself up about weight, your weight is a number. The important thing is how you feel about your body and if you're healthy and feeling good :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, you need to make a blog button! I came to your blog to get your button so I could put it on my sidebar, only to find you don't have one, woman!!!!!!!!! lol
Happy Thanksgiving girly :) and let me know if you make a button so I can put it on my blog with my other favorite bloggers :-D
i feel you on this one. if i don't keep tabs on my weight, it gets out of control quickly. my main help is that i have started incorporating exercise for health, rather than just weight loss. which, i guess, is just a mindset. but it helps me if i'm not so fixated on the number of calories i need to burn, & i can just focus on working out every day to feel good.
ReplyDelete