"I'm an idiot. I left the light on in my car overnight, and now it's dead," she moaned, understandably upset.
"Do you need me to drive you to work?" I asked as we both work downtown (although I'd like to think I'd offer even if we didn't). "That won't be a problem at all!"
She shrugged, "Nah, we'll just jump it."
"Wait, you're going to jump the car?" I set my yogurt down. Sh*t was getting real.
"Of course. Can we use your car?"
"Yes!" Excited for a morning adventure, I followed her outside with the keys to my Corolla.
![]() |
| I forgot how shiny she used to be. This is depressing. |
We weren't going to call someone's dad or brother or Triple A? We were going to be doing this all by ourselves?*
I popped the hood of my car (something I actually did know how to do). My roommate attached the appropriates cables, and then I started the engine when she instructed me to.
In a matter of seconds, her car was up and roaring.
"IT'S ALIVE!" I proclaimed, utterly amazed. "YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!"
It was crazy cool and empowering.
As Rosie the Riveter would say, "We can do it!"
*By "ourselves" I mean "herself."

Jenna, your little real life stories are utterly hilarious! Your friend rocks, especially since personally, I'm afraid that I wouldn't even be able to pop the hood on my car. Jeez, I need to learn that asap :))
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
I agree with the above poster, you always find away to make even the most mundane things incredibly entertaining. I have NEVER jumped a car..I've always had my brother or Nick around to do that kinda thing for me. I'm thinking maybe I should learn how though lol
ReplyDeleteHaha, I would have been the same exact way! So funny.
ReplyDeleteI love the "I mean "herself." part .. .hilarious! But don't you worry I would have no idea how to do it either.