Then, I changed into my comfiest pajamas and curled up on the sofa because this New Year's Eve?
I was not leaving the house.
Instead, I cooked some of my favorite stir-fry for dinner, poured myself another glass (or two) of champagne, and watched two of my favorite movies- Sleepless in Seattle and When Harry Met Sally.
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| via |
Kenny (Often thought of as one of my most favorite people in the world but more commonly referred to as my friend) called around 11, and we talked for hours.
"I feel like this is us! You're Harry, and I'm Sally," I said excitedly before pausing thoughtfully. "Except I'm not as choosy of an eater as Sally, and you definitely don't have Harry's same faults."
Kenny mostly agreed.
We wished each other a happy new year at midnight and talked about what we hoped to accomplish in 2014.
By the time we finally hung up, it was 4AM!
While long phone conversations are the norm for us, a 5 hour conversation was definitely a new record.
As I plugged my phone in to charge and drifted off to sleep, I couldn't remember a time I felt happier or more content.
It was a perfect New Year's Eve and undoubtedly one enjoyed in true Nora Ephron fashion.


That sounds awesome!! I love that you sipped bubbly, showered, put on makeup and pjs!! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteThis is music to my ears, Jenna! This is exactly how I imagine THE perfect NYE, in fact, I pretty much hate New Year's Eve parties, and always prefer to stay home with bubbly, great movies (and tons of delicious food, of course :) and family or friends. I'm so happy that you could spend such a fabulous evening (and night).
ReplyDeleteAnd of course, I wish you the most amazing new year 2014, filled with love, joy, happiness and success in your job, and in everything you do!
Sending you lots of love,
xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
Sounds like the perfect NYE to me! Although since I've never once been out for New Years I'm making it my goal next year. I can't wait to read about all the awesomeness from you in 2014!
ReplyDeleteThis is perfect! LOVE both those movies!
ReplyDelete