Tuesday, January 28, 2014

52 Questions: Week 4

For the complete list of 2014's "52 Questions," you can head over here.

Tell me about your mother (her name, birth date, birthplace, parents, etc.) Can you share some memories you have of your mother?

My mom is amazing.

She loves to sit with a glass of wine on our back deck on summer evenings. Her cleaning skills put Danny Tanner's to shame. She's a compassionate nurse who goes out of her way to help anyone in need (once we pulled over on a busy road because she saw a runner collapse). She even buys Christmas gifts for our garbage men.

She's 5'9" tall (why the heck am I so average?) and always looks so polished and put-together.

My mom is also one of the strongest women in this world.

In our family, she's always the one who keeps calm during stressful, scary, or sad situations.

When my laptop was stolen from my dorm room freshman year (Day 2: Welcome to college, Jenna!), my mom did zero freaking out.

"I am so sorry," she said, as I sat in the Residence Hall Director's office, a Chicago Police Officer examining our room (not dramatic at all). "But it'll be okay! Don't worry. It's just a thing. We'll buy you a new one."

She is the one who drove our sick golden retriever to the vet's office and then held her as she passed away, right there in the car.

My mom gracefully handles anything life throws at her, and I so often wish I had her strength and calm demeanor.

The two of us talk daily on the phone, and she's the first one I want to call with any sort of news.

I am very, very lucky to call her my mum! <3

1 comment:

  1. She sounds like an incredible woman!

    I hope she reads this :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.