Monday, January 20, 2014

...and that's all you can do.

I only blogged once this week. I hate that!

I wasn't able to workout tonight. No wonder I'm not at my ideal weight.

Why didn't I have more insightful points to make in class? I wish I had spent more time on the reading.

I should have known how to do that work task. How could I have forgotten?
-*-
Confession: Sometimes, I can get really down on myself.

I often feel like I have to perform all of my daily responsibilities perfectly.

No mistakes. Total confidence. All the time.

You know, like Kate Middleton. 
via
For example, tonight I stayed later at work and was faced with the dilemma- should I workout or go to Target (where I actually needed quite a few necessities)? 

I only had time for one since I knew I needed to be home around 8 or so to do schoolwork.

Rather than be proud of the work I had accomplished for the day, I was really hard on myself, questioning why I wasn't someone who worked out in the morning or why I hadn't made time for Target over the weekend.

Leaving work and heading out into the cold, January night, I thought of something my mom would tell me whenever I was anxious about a school project or other event.

"Just do your best, and that's all you can do."

I reflected on my day.

I really had done my best. 

I had devoted myself fully to all of my tasks and done my best work. 

And it was in that moment that I made a promise to myself.

I am going to keep trying my best at everything I do and knowing that's all I can do. 

I'm never going to do everything perfectly. 

There will, of course, be days that I do manage to pull everything off flawlessly, but as long as I know deep down that I gave something my best effort, I am going to be satisfied with that.

:)

3 comments:

  1. I love your mom's advice. I need to keep that in mind too. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of this! I felt the same way after last week with so many things going on: birthdays, book club, chapter, etc. I didn't have time to blog or workout. This week I am trying my best and that is all I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having to learn this all over again. It is hard.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.