Tuesday, January 14, 2014

52 Questions: Week 2

Happy Tuesday, bloggers!

For the complete list of 2014's "52 Questions," you can head over here.

Now then...on to week 2!

When and where were you born? Describe your home, your neighborhood and the town you grew up in.

I was born on December 19, 1989 in Cincinnati, Ohio. I wish I could tell you I was born in the backseat of a BMW on the side of the Autobahn or perhaps in a charming old hospital adjacent to the Eiffel Tower, but neither is true.

My family moved to the house I grew up in when I was only eighteen months old so it's the only house I've really ever known. I've always loved my family's house- red brick, a big backyard, and loads of neighborhood kids to play with. As the only girl, I had the biggest bedroom out of the children. When I was younger, it was painted a pale pink with tulips stenciled around the top and my name written above my window. Of course, when I was 12, I begged my parents to paint it purple.

Au revoir, lovely tulips!

Teenagers make the worst decisions.

Our suburban neighborhood was full of children, and we would all get together and play giant games of "Ghost in the Graveyard" and "Capture the Flag." My childhood best friend lived right next door, and we were always running back and forth between our two houses. On Friday nights, we would have sleepovers where we would spread out our sleeping bags in front of the TV for TGIF and eat popcorn and have the crazy cool privilege of having our drinks in the family room.

Wild stuff, I know.

I've almost always lived in Cincinnati.

Cincinnati is in the southwest corner of Ohio and is fun to say- Cincinnati! I mean, that has major pizzazz, right? It has a beautiful skyline, especially if you're driving from Kentucky, and is home to the headquarters of quite a few major companies, such as Procter & Gamble, Macy's, and GE. We also have two major universities, the University of Cincinnati and Xavier University, the most incredible zoo and botanical garden, an extraordinary museum center, amazing art museum, a majestic fountain right in the middle of town...I'll stop here, but there is surprisingly a lot to see and experience around the city!
Thanksgiving Day Race! Rachel raced, not me (obviously)
An outdoor concert at Music Hall!
The Macy's Christmas Tree downtown
In Cincinnati, we love our chili with spaghetti and cheese, everyone cares what high school you went to, and whether you're from the east or west side is a huge factor in your identity.
via
It's a city that despite its population of over 2 million (that is the major metropolitan area), so often feels like a small town.

I don't know if it's my forever city, but I'll always hold a special place in my heart for Cincinnati.

4 comments:

  1. Don't we all wish we were born in a hospital adjacent to the Eiffel Tower or someplace as grand as Highclare castle? I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were thinking of taking a weekend trip down to Cincy sometime so you'll have to fill me in on all the hot stops to stop/eat at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That food looks delicious! Looks good enough for a trip!

    Wow that is a coincidence that you meet that person a year from the day you met them! And they got you a job offer!

    ❤Tallia
    Trending In Fashion
    Dressale Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fun post to read! It's nice getting to know more about the background of bloggers you read!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.