I really, truly am.
I love new beginnings and fresh starts. A new calendar year is like one beautiful blank slate. The possibilities practically make me giddy!
![]() |
| A new planner! A new year! |
Enjoy better quality "me" time. I am not against binge-watching mindless Bravo television. Sometimes, you really just need a few hours of Patti Stanger and The Millionaire Matchmaker. Having said that, I'd like to spend the majority of my sacred alone time doing things like reading novels, catching up on my favorite blogs (and finding some new ones!), and writing, of course...those sorts of things!
Improve my time management. I want to be honest, bloggers. My first semester being a part-time graduate student on top of a full-time job was not exactly pretty. My poor mom received many tearful phone calls, and there were nights I was so tired I could have just collapsed. In the new year, I hope to practice much improved time management skills so I can avoid these sorts of scenarios!
Drink more water. Healthier body. Beautiful skin. All that jazz.
Focus on the present. Don't worry about the future. This is something I really need to work on. For example, about halfway through my recent New York City trip, I started worrying about my flight home to Cincinnati and that stress kept me from fulling enjoying myself. I need to live in the moment and appreciate the present.
Shop less. Ha ha. Just kidding!
What are your New Year's resolutions for 2014?

Love your planner, I need a new one and that is the one I am thinking of going with. I hear ya on the quality me time, I find myself often sucked into my favorite trash TV when I could be doing productive things.
ReplyDeleteGreat goals!
ReplyDeleteThe shop less one made me giggle! For me that might be true if I don't find a job asap, lol.
Happy New Year!
Jenna, we truly were separated at birth, don't you think? Your resolutions strongly resemble mine: time management is my biggest enemy, and I'm a born worrier, always imagining how things could go wrong (but at least, I'm prepared for the worst, at least that's what I'm telling myself :)
ReplyDeleteAnyways, fingers crossed for Jenna 2.0 :)
I, personally, welcome any opportunity to make new plans, dreams and resolutions: New Year, my birthday and "back to school" time being my favorites, I just need to work more on that accountability part :)
Sending you big big hugs (I need to reply to your email immediately!)
xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
I am with you and the new planner feeling! I mainly love the blank pages and all the possibilities. Good luck on your goals!
ReplyDelete