Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome to my new bedroom (Spoiler: It's fabulous)!

For the third time in two years, I moved residences.

Rachel and I went out separate ways at the end of May, leaving behind our charming apartment with its terrible landlord (Remember that one time we went without heat for 10 days? Good memories indeed) for greener pastures.

I moved into an incredible five bedroom home near campus with three marvelous girls, all of whom have become new and amazing friends. 

My one roommate's parents own the property, and they really take good care of us.

I feel so blessed to have found these girls and this house. It's been a long time since I felt this happy and found such comfort in my home.

Alright then- enough gushing! Let me give you a tour of my new bedroom, which is just perfect for me. 

It is on the third floor and comes complete with slanted ceilings and an original radiator. The previous owners were both artists, and the one used the space as her studio. You can only imagine the positive and creative vibes present in this room!

So...come on in!
Not loofahs hanging from the ceiling but rather Martha Stewart flowers from a craft kit. Whimsical and feminine, yes?

Where my studying occurs. Hello to Nola and Boo!

All you need to encourage productive schoolwork/writing.
Nightstand. Mum- I just took the liberty of taking that lamp from the basement. Doesn't it look even nicer in my bedroom? Thanks!


This is where I keep all of my pennies and dimes from heaven!

Our house was built in 1919 (lucky number!)- original radiator.

My beloved little paintings that I bought in Brussels.

Okay so those Halloween gummy decorations are seasonal.

Just ordered this off Etsy. I am obsessed!

My living room within my bedroom. LOVE.


Another view of the bed and floating flowers.
My FAVORITE area of the room! Where I keep my books, makeup, and jewelry.

Seriously. Adorable.
...and that is my new bedroom, ladies and gentleman!

Hope you enjoyed the tour as much as I loved showing it off. It's undoubtedly my happy place, and the perfect retreat after a long day.

8 comments:

  1. Love the chevron chair and the pom poms above the bed! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so great at decorating!! Are you offering any weekend rentals?? Haha I could go for a mini getaway, in a cozy little nook just like that. LOVE it all. I just want to read, read, read....with no interruptions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job decorating your room! It reminds me that my room is on shambles, boo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Living vicariously through you with the floating loofahs (heehee) because Mr. C would never allow such a thing. And what a smart idea with your couch - love that you have your own "living room" space in a house with so many other people. I should've done that in my college apartment. Would've relieved a lot of tension I'm sure haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new room is fabulous and so glad you found a great group of girls to live with! I love the desk, the little Martha flowers and of course the Royal coffee mug! Are those flowers hard to do? I keep thinking I'll get some for a party one time but worry mine wouldn't turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks absolutely wonderful, Jenna! So feminine, pretty, colorful, and so you! It instantly put me in a good mood :) I'm especially in love with the marriage of books and beauty, what's more perfect than that?

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.