![]() |
| via |
When I checked my phone again right before lunchtime, I saw a horrifying screen.
There was a little iTunes icon, and a plug symbolizing me to connect my iPhone in order to move forward with this update.
Noooooooooooo!!!!!!
You see, my Macbook has decided that she and my iPhone are totally incompatible for the past year or so. I haven't been able to connect my phone to my iTunes during that time either as it gives me all of these annoying messaging about versions and updating and then won't let me actually fix any of it.
It's a mess, and it makes me a very disgruntled Apple customer, to be quite honest.
That afternoon, I somberly headed home to face my certain doom, listening to some stupid radio station because of my unavailable iPhone and subsequent unavailable Bluetooth technology.
After stopping at the grocery store, I arrived back to my parents' house (5 more days until I return to normalcy!) and opened my Macbook.
"None of your preferred networks are available."
"That's not true!" I found myself saying to the computer. "I see my wireless network right there!"
Still, no Internet.
And iTunes was telling me that if I had no Internet? It was not able to continue updating my phone.
At this point, I was nearing 8 hours without a phone. Hysteria was eminent so I went to lie down.
Following my brief de-stressing nap, I went back to work trying to get the Internet back up.
Not only did I want my phone back, but I also had several readings to download for school. Ugh.
The technology goddesses must have decided that they had had their fun with me and gave back the Internet.
Well, they gave back a really, really slow network connection, but I wasn't going to be choosy.
"Finally," I sighed, connecting my iPhone and bringing up the iTunes screen.
"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode," the program said, being a total snob.
It demanded that I restore my phone (AKA deleting all of my data) before it could continue.
Oh, and it was only going to take a casual 5 hours.
I wanted to sob.
Instead, I popped a bottle of champagne and tried to focus on my homework, attempting not to think about making one of those infamous Facebook statuses, "Hey! Lost all of my contacts...message me your number please!"
What were people texting me right now? How was Kelsey enjoying the Luke Bryan concert? Had Mum tried to call me at all from Italy? What sort of Snapchats was I missing? What had Libby made for dinner that night?
I was totally freaking out.
After 4.5 hours and a lot of rosé, another message popped up reporting that my iPhone wasn't even capable of this update.
So, yeah.
Those 12 hours I went without a phone?
Totally pointless.
I may or may not be considering switching to a Droid.



Oh my gosh, that sounds so frustrating!! I can't believe it wouldn't even let you update it after all that. Did you end up losing all your contacts? If you ever change your mind about the iphone, I can tell you that Samsung Galaxy phones are really nice. ha :)
ReplyDeleteWhen my phone does stuff like this is EXACTLY the moment I decide to think about an intruder breaking in and me trying to dial 911 and ending up throwing the phone at him because all I have is an Apple screen. I mean it's off for 10 minutes and I'm in full panic mode ready to drive to my parents' house.
ReplyDeleteI would be screaming! I need a personal assistant just to fix my devices and work the tv for me!
ReplyDeleteOh my, I would probably throw the phone, the computer and the bottle (empty, bien sur) on the floor, and stomped them for the good measure! I mean, seriously? This actually happened to me once, and it pretty much made me cry from rage. I had to go see a genius (are they seriously still called that?) and he was able to restore my phone, but I won't explain how furious I was!
ReplyDeleteHope everything's back to normal now!