My life is just that glamorous now.
Okay so one of those gyms is the free one at work, and the other is the campus rec center.
But still.
Two gyms! So fancy.
This morning, I walked over to the rec for my workout.
I went to my preferred area of treadmills (the ones in front of the TVs, obviously) and found a free one right away.
It took about a nanosecond for me to realize that the poor girl beside me apparently didn't use deodorant. I didn't want to make a scene or anything so I stayed on that treadmill for approximately three minutes before I couldn't stand it anymore.
I picked up my dark phone (void of any activity) like I had just received an urgent text message and wandered into a different workout area.
Free at last!
This other area of the gym that has treadmills overlooks the indoor track area, which is quite cool as it a track suspended in the air above the basketball courts.
![]() |
| The actual track! |
As I watched the different runners go by on the track, I began to notice something odd.
About half the people on the track were couples.
Couples running and being athletic together.
Isn't running a solitary sport? A time for reflection? A time to relax and be free?
Those are legitimate questions. Seeing as I hardly ever run, I wouldn't know.
These couples were just the worst because they weren't merely running side by side.
Oh, no.
These couples were giggling and laughing, the girls playfully hitting their boyfriends' arms and surely sighing, "Oh you."
The boyfriend of one couple decided it would just be hilarious if he started sprinting, leaving his girlfriend in the dust. She also thought it was hilarious.
"I'm listening to Adam Levine right now!" I wanted to call out. "It's practically like we're walking at 4 MPH together. I mean, really. It almost is."
It's not.
But anyway.
Happy Labor Day!

I'm not sure this could actually be called "jogging". Seriously, if they're flirting their hour off, how much jogging do they actually practice? Whatever. Since I'm currently single, all these couples really annoy me :)
ReplyDeleteWhat's more interesting to me is your fancy new life, Jenna ;) Two gyms? Seriously? I work out at home, so two gyms are like sci-fi to me :)
xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
awww, they say when you're single all you see are happy couples and vice versa. Guess it's true!
ReplyDeleteHehe !! That's Sean and I on the treadmill, lol.
ReplyDeleteYou're so fancy with your two gyms. And I hate working out next to a person with bad odor. So nasty!