Monday, September 23, 2013

Life with Eleanor May

As of yesterday at 1PM, Ellie and I became roommates once again.

My mum and dad jetted off to Italy, leaving us both behind.

They were essentially like, "Arrivederci! Have fun in boring Cincinnati while we gallivant around Italia, soaking up the Tuscan sun!"

I moved home to watch the house and one very sassy Goldendoodle.

Let me just give you an idea of how quirky Ellie is.

1. She loves her sleep and is furious if you disrupt it. When my alarm went off at 5AM this morning, she did not move. After I had spent half an hour getting ready for the day, Ellie was still lounging on the down comforter.

"You need to get up and go outside before I leave," I told Ellie, starting to nudge her a bit. She growled lazily. "This is your last chance to go to the bathroom for ten hours!"

Finally, I had to construct a trail of Goldfish crackers starting in the bedroom, continuing down the steps, and finally ending outside the front door in order to make her go out.

Diva.

2. She has the biggest bladder of any dog in the world. I don't think this is an exaggeration. As we've already covered, she'd rather sleep than go outside in the morning, and on top of that? When I arrived home from work ten hours later, I had to force her to go out again. She was ecstatic to see me and was jumping around all happy, but in regards to going out and doing her business? She was all, "Ehhhh. Maybe later."

3. She is a fair weather fan of walks. Our previous dog, a Golden Retriever, would sell her soul to go on a walk. You couldn't even say the word around her. Ellie, though? Ellie only wants to walk when she feels like it. Too hot? No way. Fun people at the house? Forget it. If you force Ellie on a walk, she will lie down in the middle of the street and refuse to go on. She'd really just rather be driven places.

4. She is stubborn. Last night, Ellie was quite peeved to see that I was going to be sleeping in my parents' bed because she knows she isn't allowed to sleep in there with me. I spread out a luxurious down comforter across the floor for her, and guess what? She took one look at it and plopped right beside the comforter. She gave me a look like, "I would rather die than sleep on that stupid comforter."
Photo courtesy of Meg Vogel
5. She is an expert eye-roller. I swear, this dog rolls her eyes with the best of them. Coincidence that she does this in her sassiest moments? I think not.

...talk about a dog with a lot of personality!

I wouldn't trade her for the world <3

7 comments:

  1. Aww... she looks like a lovely dog! I would love to have of my own but unfortunately no can do at my new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie sounds like quite the diva!! Oh my gosh, I love your description of her. :) She's adorable. Have fun watching her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whaaaat, you are blogging again and I didn't even know it?! Ah! Welcome back Jenna!

    haha your dog's sass. You can totally see it in all of these pictures.

    xx Jen
    foodloveandlifeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahaha, a dog with glasses. Pretty spectacular. And classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her face is always so adorable! Obviously Finn has been taking 'tude classes from her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Eleanor May. She is literally the sweetest most loving looking dog ever! I love that she has the biggest bladder ever and would rather sleep than wake up to go outside. Now that is a great dog/companion.And I love it that she only wants to go for walks when she feels like it! I need a dog just like her!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She has THE strongest character I know. I've been laughing out loud in front of my computer, just imagining her rolling her eyes :) Has she always been this way?

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.