Saturday, September 21, 2013

Blissful Friday Night

Last night, I was exhausted.

Who isn't exhausted when Friday evening rolls around?

Since working full-time, I've been baffled by these people who want to actually go out on Friday night.

Get drinks? Go to a concert? Dinner and a movie at an actual theater?

You may as well be asking me to climb Mount Everest or run a marathon.
The horror.
No, thank you.

Also, what sort of energy drug are you on? Because I want it.

Yesterday though...yesterday I achieved my perfect post graduate Friday night.

Driving home from work, I couldn't help but grin at the graying sky. Rain was on its way!

"Stormy night ahead!" I heard the meteorologist report over the radio.

Once I arrived at my house, I changed into a pair of yoga pants with an oversized t-shirt (worn to the most optimal softness possible) and started a load of laundry, which included all of my bedding.

As the rain started to pour outside, I called up a local Indian restaurant and placed an order for delivery.

"There is an $18 minimum for delivery," the man sighed, clearly annoyed that I hadn't known this detail and probably recounting how many ignorant customers he had already been forced to report this information to that evening.

"Oh...hmmm..." I quickly scanned the menu, nervous that he would hang up on me if I didn't sputter off more items within 3 nanoseconds. "I'll also have an order of the vegetable pakoras and the sampler."

While I waited for my Indian feast to arrive, I decorated my bedroom with a few of the Halloween decorations I had purchased the day before at Target.

Marvelous.

My dinner (fit for a family of three) arrived 30 minutes later.

I set it all out across the coffee table and turned on a TLC wedding show.

The food was delicious, and I felt quite certain I had arrived in heaven.

Afterwards, I folded my laundry and watched You've Got Mail while listening to the heavy rain outside.
Tom + Meg <3
By 11 o'clock, I was all snuggled up with my fresh sheets and feeling incredibly cozy. I turned on my Enya playlist and drifted into a peaceful sleep.

It was the most relaxing and incredible Friday night I could have asked for.

Lovely, lovely.

5 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, call me up!!! I would love to talk about Spark!! xox Cozy Friday nights are the absolute best.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, is there anything better than freshly washed bedding?! Sounds like a fabulous night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JENNA! That sounds absolutely fabulous, and totally like the kind of Friday I look forward to! Clean bedding? Yoga pants and a giant tee? YOU'VE GOT MAIL? PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love Indian food so so much and anytime I can watch You've Got Mail I am happy. I love her in that little bookshop and all the fall scenes. Perfect night! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds just about perfect to me! I would probably swap Indian for sushi, but other than that, this is just my idea of blissful Friday evening. I mean, who the hell has the energy to go out on Friday night? I don't know anyone! (does that mean I frequent only old boring people???)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.