Saturday, September 7, 2013

"Um...it really just has to be Leaves."

Thursday evening after work, I sped off for my favorite mall.

Since it was a gorgeous September day outside, the mall was much less crowded than usual, which made me feel quite happy.

Then, I saw THIS for the first time with my very own eyes.
And I felt euphoric.

Pulling myself away from the beauty that was before me, I walked down to the nearby Bath & Body Works, which was where my main mission at the mall was to take place.

My coworker had told me about a special B&B was having with their candles- 3 mason jar sized ones for $20.

I quickly located two of my favorites, Pumpkin Cupcake and Autumn, but the creme de la creme of all fall scents was missing.

Leaves.

"Excuse me, could you please tell me where your mason jar sized Leaves candles are?" I asked a nearby associate.

"Sure thing!" she replied cheerfully.

She scanned the shelves quickly, a frown crossing her face.

"Hmm...hmmm..." She opened a few drawers, her bewilderment increasing. "This is strange. Maybe we are all sold out?"

I followed her around the shop like a loyal Golden Retriever or something as she looked high and low for the Leaves candles.

"How do you feel about Marshmallow Fireside?" She held a candle beneath my nose.

"No, thank you."

"Farmstand Apple? Spiced Cider? Harvest Coffee?"
via
The candles were flying at me now, the associate so eager to help me.

"Um...it really just has to be Leaves. I'm sorry. It's the only one I want," I replied, feeling apologetic and terribly particular, like I was the jerk who just had to have Leaves. "These are all really great scents! It's just...I only want Leaves."

She nodded somberly. She understood.

Then...something caught my eye across the store.

It was a lone medium sized candle of LEAVES!

"Oh my God! Look!" I exclaimed merrily. "It's Leaves!"

So I left Bath & Body Works that night with three of my favorite scents.

Oh, how divine my bedroom smells now.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I have to say their sales ppl are way too chipper for me! Glad younfound your leaves candle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've NEVER tried their candles... I know! I'm missing out! But I've been hearing all about this Leaves candle so I need to go to the store this week and get it! How long does the sale last?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our KS store just opened up here in Cleveland too! Now I just need to win the lottery to afford stuff from there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous over the Kate Spade store coming your way! I now think I need to hit up the mall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I wish I had of seen this sooner! That is a really good deal. Glad you found your Leaves candle!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.