Monday, December 19, 2011

On December 19th, twenty-two years ago...

...I was born on one of the coldest and snowiest nights in Cincinnati history!

Today is my birthday, and it has been a fantastic celebration.
Here I am! Being 22!
On Saturday, I had a "J" themed birthday party where everyone had to come dressed as something or someone that begins with the letter "J." I was a jewel and had so much fun going overboard on glitter makeup.
Jelly bean, jogger, and jewel.
Yesterday, I went to my parents' house for dinner, and my grandparents also came over. We dined on filet mignon, potato casserole, green bean casserole, seven layer salad, and rolls. For dessert, my grandma made me my favorite cake, pineapple upside down, and we had raspberry chip ice cream.
My amazing grandma and the cake she made me.
Divine, divine, divine.

My parents even bought me a life-size cardboard cutout of Harry, Hermione, and Ron (!!!!!!).


My roommates may or may not hate me for bringing this home and expecting it to be displayed in a public area.

Today, my dad is take me out to lunch to a Thai restaurant I've never been to before, and then we shall venture around the city, looking at our favorite Christmas displays and (hopefully) finding the perfect Christmas gift for my mom.

I love being twenty-two already!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jenna! May all your dreams and wishes come true :) Enjoy your special day!!!

    xx Ivana

    Stop by sometimes :)
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jenna... Sounds like a great party. Wishing you a great 22nd year, filled with health, success and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday lovely!!! hope 22 is your best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Hope you have an amazing year! Looks like you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so many things to say! First of all, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! That picture is adorable and I laughed at the caption- "here I am, being 22" heehee. I love the idea of a themed letter party!!! And I seriously want those cut-outs. Send them to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNA! :) I love the idea for your party! When I got your letter I was totally thinking, "I'd go to her party as a jelly bean!" haha- I love that one of your friends did! Hope you are enjoying all your celebrations- happy day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Happy Birthday! It sounds like you've had an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.