Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mall Mayhem

To further procrastinate my take-home American Lit final, I decided to do some Christmas shopping this morning.

Since it was around noon when I ventured off to the mall (and a Wednesday), I figured I would avoid most of the holiday crowds. Besides, it's only December 7th!

No such luck for me.
Where did you people come from?
It took me over ten minutes to find a parking space. When I finally did locate a spot, I was parked behind a huge truck with mud all over it. I figured that person must have driven through treacherous conditions just to get to the shopping mall.

Inside, the department stores and main area of the mall were packed. There was actually a line for the escalators (!!!), and there seemed to be a plethora of walkers and strollers everywhere. Of course, there were also many culprits of the "walking three across" crime who also contributed to slowing down my shopping pace.

It was chaotic to say the least.

I wanted to jump up on one of those kiosks with a megaphone and proclaim, "GET OUT OF MY MALL! I DON'T SEE ANY OF YOU PEOPLE HERE THE REST OF THE YEAR (Thank God)!"

It's like people who only go to church on Christmas, you know?

While I love the holiday season, I can't wait to have (relative) peace and quiet again at the mall.

4 comments:

  1. try pushing a double stroller in all of this holiday madness. i refuse to return until i can go by myself. i have to admit, though, that it is kind of fun when it is a little busy...it just feels festive or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. normally i have hated the traffic and crowds at the malls during the holiday season, but for some reason this year i have embraced it. not exactly sure why but i think that the thought of people going through such hassle to give their love ones gifts is sweet to me. so now i smile and enjoy it. very strange coming from me, haha.

    hopefully you got some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me giggle - your megaphone scene sounds out of a movie! I just went to our mall this afternoon for the first time in a while...it wasn't too crowded, you should just come shop here! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.