Have you ever heard of "Elf on the Shelf"? I hadn't. Here is a visual.
![]() |
| via |
Each elf comes with a storybook with a page in the back where you write down your family's name, the day you received your elf, and his/her name. Parents hide these elves around their homes with their kids believing that the elf is watching their behavior for Santa.
After receiving each picture message of these other elves' hiding places, I'd always write back, "I wish I had an Elf on the Shelf!"
Yesterday morning, I was given an early birthday present from my friend and her sisters...my very own Elf on the Shelf!!!!
I've only had my sweet, little elf for about twenty-four hours now, but my roommates and I are having such a fun time hiding him around the house.
I just found him hiding behind a bottle of Tide a few minutes ago. I suppose he had some laundry to do.
I have named my elf Neville, and I think he is insanely cute.
Does anyone else have an Elf on the Shelf?




I've been seeing and reading about this Elf on the Shelf business and thought what a cute idea for my family someday - I never even thought about doing it with roommates- maybe I need one too.. :P What a fun gift from your friends - I love your elf's name - he is definitely cute! :)
ReplyDeletei've never heard of Elf on the Shelf ... i think it is such an awesome concept for parents with kiddos ... i would have been a perfect child if i knew that an Elf was watching and would report me to Santa ... so genius! :)
ReplyDeleteNeville Longbottom perhaps? haha Super cute elf!
ReplyDeleteNeville!! HA!!! SO perfect.
ReplyDeleteThank you for clearing up this Elf on a Shelf business... I've been seeing it everywhere and had NO idea what it was all about!