With Christmas a mere three days (!) away, I've realized I have some serious movie-watching to do before the big day!
Here is a list of my most loved holiday films.
1.
Rick Steves' European Christmas: I have such fond memories of watching this movie in high school French class. Each year, we would have a Christmas party on the last day of class before winter break complete with a Yule log (yum). In the Rick Steves' special, he travels around the different European countries and shows how people all over the world celebrate Christmas. My favorite part? The Steves family sledding down the Swiss alps with the Christmas tree they have just chopped down. Perfection.
2.
Eloise at Christmastime: As a huge fan of the Eloise book series, I cannot get enough of this movie. I would love to ride around in a horse-drawn carriage with my nanny as we go Christmas shopping through Manhattan!
3.
Arthur's Perfect Christmas: Yes. I am referring to Arthur the Aardvark. My mom bought this movie for my little brother when he was younger, and I think I got more enjoyment out of it than he did. There are even songs in this Arthur holiday special, and it is only an hour, which makes it easy to fit into any busy schedule!
4.
Love Actually: The crème de la crème of Christmas movies (of all movies in my humble opinion). It does not get any better than this film. Love, London, Christmastime, Colin Firth...need I say more? The soundtrack to this movie always brings a tear to my eye, and I can watch the scene of Sam running through the airport on repeat a sick number of times.
5.
While You Were Sleeping: This movie takes place in Chicago during Christmastime and features one amazing love story. The proposal scene at the end is one of my favorites of all time. Seriously. I stand by that statement.
Confession: I have never seen "Elf."
Please do not unfollow me.
I have never seen "Elf" either!!! I love "Love Actually" , but my favorite is "The Family Stone". I just watched it for the 2nd time in 2 weeks last night. :)
ReplyDeletegirl, if we were real life friends and hung out frequently, i would make a date to watch elf, i would bring over hot chocolate and peppermint sticks and we would make an evening of it!
ReplyDeletestephanie, when you move out here, we will watch elf together!! even though it isn't christmas anymore we will watch it!
ReplyDeleteConfession: I have seen elf, and I don't understand why everyone loves it, personally I didn't think it was all that great. So in my opinion, you're not missing much, haha. I think my favorite christmas movie is Miracle on 34th street! And I LOVE that rick steves has a christmas movie- I wanna see that one, haha! When I was getting ready to study abroad our coordinator had us watching so many of his films because he was obsessed with rick steves- oh my! :P
ReplyDeleteLove Rick Steeve's Euro Christmas...so beautiful. Miracle on 34th Street is my family's favorite.
ReplyDeleteJulia
I didn't think Elf was all that great actually, but maybe I just need to give it another chance! As for your list, I've only seen #2 and #5. I need to see the others now!
ReplyDeleteI simply can´t imagine Christmas without watching Love Actually! It´s the BEST Christmas movie ever! I need to discover the other movies on your list!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Christmas weekend Jenna!
xx Ivana
Stop by sometimes :)
Macarons and Pearls