Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Facebook Giftcards? Worrisome.

This afternoon, I was waiting in the terribly long Target checkout line and checking out the variety of giftcards when one in particular caught my attention.

It was a giftcard for Facebook credits.
via
Yes. Seriously.

At first, I simply thought how dumb that was, but then I grew more concerned as I thought, I can totally see my grandma buying that for me.

Can you imagine all of the well-intentioned aunts, uncles, grandmothers, and grandfathers out there who are going to be perusing the giftcards and remark, "Oh! Facebook! Insert name of loved one here is on Facebook. I know she will love a giftcard for that."

Yet this would be an awful gift as I do not do anything on Facebook that requires "credits."

Honestly, I don't know anyone who does.

I suspect that these Facebook giftcards are essentially going to rip off thousands of people this holiday season and many young adults and teenagers will be left with an abundance of "Facebook Credit."

Lame Facebook. Low blow indeed.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- what will they think of next?? I've never seen or heard of these, but I agree- I don't know anyone who needs facebook credits either..Low blow indeed is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is there to "buy" on Facebook? I don't get it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! sound pretty lame. I wonder how many people they'll take advantage of with that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is hilarious and completely INSANE! I have never heard such a thing! Cracked me up Jenna. :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.