Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The boots that almost never were

On Christmas, my grandma gave me a beautiful pair of riding boots. I had been lusting after these boots for quite some time. As in months.
via
My grandma actually tried to have these boots ready as my birthday gift, but Nordstrom sent her a USED PAIR. And we are not talking about boots that were lightly walked around the store. These heels were all worn down, and the shoes were scuffed beyond before. 

Isn't that bizarre and gross?

When she called and told Nordstrom about it, they quickly found a new pair to overnight and said that they would give her free shipping on her next purchase.

Come on, Nordstrom. For sending a sweet grandmother a pair of used riding boots, you can do a lot better than that!

But anyway. After I had taken my new (not worn!) boots home, I eagerly took them out of their box and tried them on.

And then it happened.

The zipper over my right calf would not go up. 

My left calf was zipped in all nice and cozy, but the right zipper was stuck.

I realized I had one, abnormally fat calf. Devastating. 

I sent picture messages of my half-zipped boot to friends and wrote: Have one fat calf. Do you know any good cobblers? I need a boot stretcher.

Sad, sad, sad.

Of course, once I stopped being so dramatic and actually straightened my leg out more, the boot eventually did zip.

I will have to post an OOTD picture this week so show off my new boots! I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. abnormally fat calf!? I think I had these on BOTH legs haha! Is it wrong that this post made me laugh? I cannot believe Nordstrom sent such a crappy pair- what were they thinking? Glad it all finally worked out, and those boots are gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word! Maybe it's the boots?? They are really gorgeous. I hope you are relaxing & reading!! Have a happy New Year. Any fun plans??

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh yay! for a second i thought you were going to say that you had to send them back.

    can't wait to see pictures of you wearing them ... they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute boots, glad you didn't end up with very used boots from Nordstrom..I've had my own run-ins with them a couple of times :-/ they're not my favorite to deal with. Anyways, enjoy your new boots :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy boots you and Grandma have wonderful taste!

    And Nordstrom's.... trying to give you used boots, well that's pretty yucky...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, first of all? WOW NORDSTROM. That's pretty awful.

    And second of all, those boots are SO pretty! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO weird about the boots!! Nordstrom is usually so good about that kind of stuff too! Glad it all got sorted out. Those boots rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe Nordstrom! Boo. But I'm glad you got it all figured out cause those boots are really cute! I too had the problem where one calf was bigger than the other when I got my boots this fall, so you're not alone! ;P

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.