Friday night, I went with two friends to the Walk the Moon concert.
It was phenomenal.
I had never been to a concert of a smaller music group, and I fell in love with the atmosphere. There was this feeling of community and closeness between everyone in the audience and even the band.
I enthusiastically painted my face and danced without worrying about how stupid I looked.
Because I look REALLY awkward whenever I dance.
Rhythm and I have never been close friends.
When the band left the stage at the end of the show without performing their most popular song, the audience began chanting, "ANNA SUN! ANNA SUN!"
Of course, the band ran back out to perform it as their finale, and as they neared the last refrain, CONFETTI SHOT OUT OF THE STAGE.
INCREDIBLE. I felt like I was in a movie. A bit like the scene in The Lizzie McGuire Movie when Lizzie performs as Isabella. Okay. That doesn't make much sense, but I think the feelings of exhilaration were similar.
Walk the Moon, I am in love with you.
What an awesome experience! I could feel your excitement through your words. And I'm so proud of you for dancing- I am with you on the no rhythm thing, but I'm not sure I'd be that brave! :P Ps- love your outfit- very cute! :)
ReplyDeletewhat a fun night out with friends!! i love smaller concerts and your face paint is great!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I'm so glad you had such a great time! :) Happy Monday!
ReplyDelete-Val
Did you get the Michael Buble Christmas CD?? If not, I bought it on Itunes...could send a copy your way. :D Thought of you!!
ReplyDelete