Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jenna? Is that you??

First of all, please accept my humble apologies for abandoning my poor blog. It was close to calling 241-BLOGS, but fortunately I arrived home from Chicago just in time.

As always, I had such a wonderful weekend visiting my friends.

Highlights of the trip included:

Shopping for six (okay maybe more) hours straight and making some amazing purchases, including A NEW PEA COAT!!!! I found this lovely coat on sale at Anthropologie for only $80, originally $288. What a steal!

Eating dinner at Friends Sushi. Yum, yum.
via
Being very tacky and touristy and riding the ferris wheel at Navy Pier (Note: we were totally freaking out in the wind, and I may have posted a dramatic Facebook status claiming we were stuck at the top of the ferris wheel. This was a lie)
My lovely friend who suggested riding the ferris wheel.
Walking miles down to Buckingham Fountain to discover it was covered up for the winter.
Not what we saw.
Having crepes and tea with one of my dearest friends this morning <3
via
The funniest part of my trip happened this afternoon though. I was waiting for my cousin to pick me up at 2PM when he texted me to let me know he was running late and it would be closer to 2:30. I was extremely happy to receive this news since I was starving and now had time to get a quick lunch.

Since I didn't have too much time to spare, I ended up getting a hamburger and fries from a place called "Devil Dawgs." I sat down at a picnic table outside surrounded by my luggage and carrier bags and began to eat.
via
What should happen next but a sweet girl from a number of my freshman year classes walked by.

"JENNA??? IS THAT YOU?" She asked, understandably confused as to why the girl who transferred schools was sitting at a picnic table alone eating a hamburger.

GREAT way to be seen after three years! TOTALLY NORMAL.

5 comments:

  1. looks like such a fun trip! i love that coat. a pea coat is ESSENTIAL, in my opinion! and those crepes look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! We forgive you for abandoning your blog! tehehe. :) I haven't been to chicago for a few years- I'm so jealous you're close- I'm itching to go again! And also.. I saw your facebook status- I'm glad you're okay! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing trip, you lucky girl :) Love your new coat :)

    xx Ivana

    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA you are hilar! Love a good Anthro coat too- what a fab find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenna! I had such a great weekend with you!! You made me realize there are still amazing people in this world. I promise i will come and visit you soon!
    love and miss you

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.