Tuesday, November 8, 2011

...and there goes my iPod

Whenever I'm working out, I have a terrible habit of dropping/launching/tossing my iPod.

I will be on the treadmill or elliptical and start to get REALLY into whatever song is playing on my iPod. Involuntarily, my arms begin to sway more dramatically and then BAM!

I accidentally get myself tangled in the earbud cords, and I yank my earbuds out and send my iPod flying across the gym.

Today, I did this while listening to Rachel Platten's "1000 Ships."

It's such an invigorating song. I could help but sway my hips and arms. My poor iPod had no chance. After it toppled to the floor, it actually stopped working for a few minutes. 

It had a near death experience.

I think it may be time to invest in one of those exercise armbands. 

6 comments:

  1. this has happened to me sooooo many times. once, i slung my ipod into the air, & it ended up trapped inside one of the machines. someone who worked at the gym had to bring out a toolbox & open it up so i could retrieve my poor electonic device. i, too, need to get an armband. it's time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. I've also had that happen and it's so embarrassing! One time I launched my iPod into the machine of the person next to me and the cords were all tangled around the elliptical arms... the girl had to stop exercising so I could retrieve it! After that ordeal I bought a thing to clip it to my pants haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made mine fly across the room, but I've ripped my earbuds out via my arms and whatever machine I'm on. Whoopsie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How talented Jenna! ;) hehe. But really I can relate- with both my ipod and cellphone, it's a miracle they're still functioning!

    Ps. I like the song! Never heard it before but invigorating it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty song! I love finding new artists I like! I'm glad your ipod survived! Mine's seen some tough times too!! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.