I feel as though I just go through the motions of a fairly mundane life. I wake up at 6:30. Work from 8 until about 5:30 or 6. Come home and eat dinner. Usually do some of my technical writing. Bed.
Repeat.
I don't have any big vacations planned or a fun fall semester to look forward to. I am not apart of a worthwhile organization or committed to a cause.
I've been feeling very down about it all lately, so I am making some major changes.
I am a big believe that if you don't like something about your life, change it up! No need to feel sorry and miserable for yourself.
Here are some of the changes I'm making for myself.
1. Rachel and I registered as parishioners at a local Catholic church and are looking forward to getting involved with the different groups there. We even volunteered to distribute communion and lector.
![]() |
| We love going to mass here. Isn't this church stunning? |
3. Get back into tennis (the only sport I enjoy playing).
![]() |
| My childhood crush, Pete Sampras <3 |
5. Stop buying Lean Cuisines and cereal bars and put love and effort into my meals. Stop rushing through times when I should be enjoying my food and the little rest period. On this note, also stop consuming SO many artificial sweeteners. Jeesh.
![]() |
| I consume WAY too many of these pink packets... |



That's awesome that you've made a plan for yourself!
ReplyDeleteI use to purchase Lean Cuisines all the time. There really is something incredible about actually taking the time to prepare a meal. Never thought I'd actually believe that!
Hope you have a purposeful week! :)
Sounds awesome girl!! Fake stuff is sooooooo bad for you. I was such a Lean Cuisine and diet soda junkie, and I feel so much better now that if I want something, I just indulge in the real deal. Just portion control and all is well! I too need to read/write more! I get sucked into reading garbage online (facebook) and waste half my life. I need to stop it! Great action plan, I am sure you will stick to it and feel fabulous in no time!!
ReplyDeletethats exciting! I know what you mean about feeling a little bit in a rut sometimes. It's good to make changes when you begin feeling this way. That's what life is all about :D
ReplyDeleteYour post came at a perfect time!! I have recently been going through feeling this exact same way!! This post described what I feel word for word! Plus, described the lecture I gave myself this past weekend. If I want my life to be a little more exciting, then do something about it!! I'm in the process now of making the decision on different things I want to try :) We will need to encourage each other to keep it up!
ReplyDeleteI also saw where you commented on Claire's blog about needing a new design! I'd be happy to help you out! Head on over to eclecticallye.blogspot.com or email me at eclecticallye@gmail.com and we can get to work if you want to!
Happy Monday! Hope you have a great day!!
I know exactly what you are talking about, Jenna! I had the exact same feeling about a year ago, but ever since I started blogging, everything changed. It gave me a real feeling of purpose, trying to build something all by myself, and I love every single moment of it. Your plan sounds amazing to me, and I keep my fingers crossed for you :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great day Jenna!
xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls