Last night, I attended one of my coworker from the salon's wedding.
I was feeling quite Audreyesque in a black lace dress with a full skirt and red high heels. I was shocked that there were no cats (who, of course, I'd name "Cat") following me around by the end of the night.
During the reception, the dance floor was packed. People were throwing their hands up to "Shout" and doing scary, little jigs to "Cotton Eye Joe."
Does anyone else's skin crawl when "Cotton Eye Joe" comes over the speakers?
Anyway.
Let me be clear, I am a terrible dancer. I have no rhythm, and I just can't seem to figure out what to do next. I could continue doing a single dance move for an entire song.
It's awkward. Both for myself and most likely the individuals around me.
But last night, I found a solution to my lack of dance skills.
I decided I would scope out the dance floor and find a relatively good dancer. Not a dancer who was doing the worm across the floor or shimmying like J. Lo. Just a normal, above average dancer.
Then, I would copy all of his or her dance moves from across the dance floor.
Oh, I was finally dancing!!!! Courtesy of the girl in the green dress...but still!
Sadly, my secret dance instructor would eventually stop her moving and grooving, and I'd have to exit the dance floor as well. You know, I was "so thirsty" or "needed to sit down for a bit."
My new dancing strategy may be slightly creepy, but I am totally okay with being a copycat.
Meow.

Hahaha hilarious!!!
ReplyDeleteI love it!! Your description of your outfit sounds amazing!! You look beautiful in your picture, and I completely agree: my skin crawls when I hear "Cotton Eye Joe." Have a wonderful Sunday evening sweet girl!
ReplyDeleteYou look great, very British! And I agree about Cotton Eye Joe... such a terrible song haha
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing on the dance floor at a big party! I just copy whomever looks the best!
ReplyDeleteLove your technique! Your hat and hair are adorable!!
ReplyDeleteI love this Jenna! I do it sometimes as well :) And you looked so amazing in your outfit and fascinator, very Kate M.!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
I love that strategy! I kinda tried to do the same thing at my cousin's wedding. By the way, you look gorgeous!
ReplyDelete