At least for the duration of this entire academic year.
We both know exactly what kind of tattoos we'd like and where we'd like them.
I want a small 9 3/4 one in plum ink on the outside of my foot (so it could easily be covered up in professional settings or wherever it wouldn't be so appropriate...oh, and I know...foot tattoo...SO cliché) for my love of Harry Potter.
The problem is, we are both super nervous about following through with our tattoo dreams.
I've always thought having a small tattoo that really meant something special to me would be fun. Yet I worry that people will view me a different way or think, "Oh my God. JENNA got a tattoo? She's not edgy enough for that! That's so weird and awkward."
Any advice out there? I'd love to hear it!
Any advice out there? I'd love to hear it!
If you want it, you should get it. I have 4 tattoos, and am ready for another. Whenever people find out I have them ( esp. coworkers) they can not believe that I have tattoos :)
ReplyDeleteI have one (on my foot) and am hoping to get another in the next year. My opinion is think about it for a significant amount of time, and if after that period of time you still want it/still think it's a good idea, then go for it! Also, I think it should be in a place that can be easily covered up, but it looks like you've thought about that! I say go for it!
ReplyDeleteI used to want a tattoo. I went with friends when they got theirs and I almost did it. I just kept imagining myself at 80 with my grandkids and a wrinkly tattoo on my wrinkly body. i couldn't do it and I am soooooo glad I didn't. I always say "Would you put a bumper sticker on a Bentley?" Having said that, I admire people carefree enough to go for it:) I am not much help, am I?
ReplyDeleteI have one on my ribs! And to be honest, I forget I have it because I can't see it. I want to be like YEAH DO IT! But sometimes I am so glad no one ever sees mine. And I could totally do with removing it
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting a tattoo for a while now as well!! I don't want anything big but something significant!! My hubby says my tattoo age has coem and gone...hmmm
ReplyDeleteLet us know if you get one! :)
You should do it! It's such a good idea and the placement would be perfect for a first tattoo.
ReplyDeleteOh, and anyone who would view you a different way over something like this isn't worth calling a friend! :)
Let us know what you decide!
"I've always thought having a small tattoo that really meant something special to me would be fun." Love this statement- I agree completely! I just don't know if I'm brave enough for it! haha. You definitely have to keep the blog world updated on your decision! ;)
ReplyDelete