Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Involuntary Cheese Thief

With six girls living under one roof, refrigerator space is limited.

We are constantly maneuvering salad dressings and produce around to make everyone's groceries fit inside the fridge.

It is one constant battle.

Occasionally, tempers run a bit high when one discovers REALLY old food that another roommate has accidentally left sit in the fridge (and take up valuable space) for months.

Last week, I found a stack of Kraft singles in the fridge that I assumed were from the mini piggy in the blankets I made alllllll the way back in January.

"Oh my God. I'm one of those people!" I thought, frantically tossing the cheese in the garbage.

On Thursday, my roommate, Courtney, and I were driving to the grocery store when she said, "It's so weird. I haven't been able to find my cheese anywhere!"

Oh, shoot.

"Um, what kind of cheese was it?" I asked innocently.

"Those Kraft singles."

Oops.

"Courtney. I threw your cheese in the garbage." I sadly admitted, feeling terrible.

It wasn't even as though I ate the whole stack of cheese.

I threw it away.

Rude, rude, rude.

Luckily, since we were on the way to the grocery store, I was able to immediately buy her a whole new stack of Kraft singles.

And from now on, I will be much more careful when disposing of food.

6 comments:

  1. When I had roommates, and still in my office refrigerator I put food in there and then can not forget if it is mine or not. Then I panic as if I am eating someone elses food. So I started putting a little black heart with sharpie on my food. Something small, so it didn't look like I was making a big deal; like "hey this is mine". This mark was a small little reminder for myself... might be a good idea to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! This brings me back to my senior year, I lived with 3 other girls and for some random reason, (probably because it was a college apartment rental) there were 2 fridges! We knew that it was a must have for so many reasons!! I forget about those silly parts of my college life now that I'm all 'growed' up!! Too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I was the messy one in college and my roommate was always throwing out my food-it made me so mad! Now you have me craving cheese-darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man Jenna! This made me giggle. I think it's pretty common for college apartments though - I live with 3 other girls and we are always looking for space in the fridge!! It sounds like she was pretty understanding though! Earlier this year one of my roomates ate half my loaf of bread in one sitting (weird enough!) - because she "forgot" what bread was hers, even though we had completely different brands and types...who knows!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheese thief! I can't believe you would do that. Rude!
    Just joking, it was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have the same problem when living with three roommates (one of them actually kept stealing our food). I'm really happy to be the only "master" of the fridge now (my fiancé is not really one to throw food away :)

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.