"Don't ever text him first!"
"He has to make all of the plans. Always."
"Don't let him know you like him."
![]() |
| LOVE Gigi! |
These are just some of the tidbits of advice I've been given over my years of singletonhood.
As an incredibly impatient individual who goes after what she wants, they are just about impossible for me to follow.
When I like a guy, I am not going to sit around waiting for him to call or text me. I don't take on an unaffected air around him or act like an ice queen. And I definitely do not have a problem sending the occasional text to him first.
Why does dating have to be such a game?
In one of my courses last quarter, I heard a male classmate tell his friend how he had had an incredible date with a girl he really liked but he would "wait at least three days to call."
Say whaaat?!
I don't understand why everyone has to eternally be playing hard to get.
What if I don't want to play this game?
Of course, I am the singleton.
So maybe I'm the one who is going about things wrong.

Oh, I find these games so stupid, too! I mean, if he likes you and if you like him, what's the point? I met my fiancé in a bar (a no-no according to those rules), it was an instant coup de foudre, and an hour later, we were officially a couple! According to the dating rulebook we did everything wrong, and still, we've been together for 4 years and we're getting married next year (on our 5th anniversary). So screw the dating rules and live your life as you want it!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
Let me just say, I hate all the games and rules people play with dating. In my opinion, if it is right, it is right, and you should have to hold back with each other or dance around something. Wait for the thing that just happens instantly without trying, and doesn't make you feel bad for just expressing how you feel and what you want. Did I make sense?
ReplyDelete*shouldn't sorry! haha
ReplyDeleteOh Jenna- you are so cute! I am with you- I hate the dating game rules! And I can't believe that guy you overhead- yikess, that poor girl! :/
ReplyDelete