Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Queen of Awkward

This afternoon, I had my second "big girl job" interview.

I was feeling much more prepared this time wearing an Ann Taylor dress, Tory flats, and a black sweater my roommate let me borrow (thanks, Danielle!). I even brought along my new portfolio and copies of my resume printed on beautiful resume paper.

I actually didn't know resume paper existed until 8PM last night when I received horrified reactions from my roommates as I was talking about printing out my resume on computer paper.

You would have thought I went all Jonathan Swift and suggested eating babies.
via
Isn't that photo funny? Thank you Google Images!

Anyway. The point is that I felt confident tackling the business world today.

I had no idea that a revolving door would be my downfall.
So innocent in appearance.
When I arrived at the company, I quickly inspected my appearance in my rearview mirror and then confidently walked up to what I thought was the main entrance.

I stepped inside the revolving door and pushed.

Nothing happened.

I tried moving about, attempting to activate the motion sensors. Still a no go.

Finally, an employee came up to the door to exit the building. He flashed his badge, and the door moved.

Except it stopped once it registered my presence and said "SECURITY VIOLATION" or something mean and insulting.

"Sorry!" the employee said quite sincerely.

I then tried entering the building with another poor, unsuspecting employee.

SECURITY VIOLATION once again.

"You should probably try the main entrance," he suggested.

Ummm...isn't that where I was at?!

Once I finally found the correct door to enter through, the two security guards at the front desk were cracking up laughing.

"We called the police on you. Expect the SWAT team to be here soon!" the one said.

"We were watching you that whole time trying to break into our building," said the other.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Oh business world, how you continue to make me look like a fool.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! Lol! :) So happy you felt more grown up in your clothing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That's so crazy - and funny:) It totally sounds like something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA oh Jenna! This made me laugh! I'm sure you rocked that interview with grace despite the door incident though! p.s. super happy to hear you wore a dress to an interview! There's no way I'm buying a "suit" for a job that will never require one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart! I probably would have cried! Hope your interview went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo is hilarious and so is your story! Those security guards crack me up! I bet you looked great though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post made me laugh! I hope your interview went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, they were really that mean? Instead of helping you, they were cracking up? Definitely not cool!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.